Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back the the Beginning... Again.

We had a massive windstorm with some rain last night.

Apparently, it wasn't Izzy's favorite thing ever. She came out pretty well this morning; let me wrap her legs while standing nicely, didn't fuss much about anything, whatever, until we started lunging. I had actually contemplated not lunging her today because she's been working hard lately, but I figured it is good to get her going forward before I got on.

I'm pretty glad I did. We had some pretty massive fireworks in the form of bucking and galloping and swapping ends and then bucking the other way. I probably ended up lunging her for half an hour, just to get her settled and going forward. Then I got on and did some big trot figure eights, focusing on rhythm and relaxation, and when she did that, I got off.

Everyone has days, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Even if the massive fireworks are dangerous, they sure are fun to watch from a safe distance. All that power! All that beauty! All that nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you lunged her first, that could have been quite the rodeo! I've had days when all I could manage were rythm and relaxation. I console myself with the knowledge that rythm and relaxation are very important, you can't get the rest of the way without those two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those days frustrate me - but I love watching them!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...