Monday, April 11, 2011

Dressage, Take III

I -almost- had a jump day yesterday, but it was too pretty to ride inside and to uneven to jump outside. Plus, I really just wanted to put my butt back in the Passier. Happy feelings all around. Izzy looked adorable--I dressed her up in her dressage saddle and bridle with black polos, black bell boots, and her black monogrammed pad, plus we broke out the black fly bonnet for the first time this year.

Yes, there are pictures, but they are still on my camera. Tomorrow, my friends.

She was great. I need to work on developing more impulsion in our warmup, which will make our early work a lot smoother. She is moving better and more forward than before, but it's still not quite enough.

In other news, my thinline reins (won on ebay!) came yesterday. I'm putting them on the Micklem bridle today and we're hopefully going to gallop on the finally dry track. If it rains, we'll be jumping inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...