Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Taking Time for Andrea and Gogo


Last November, one of my good blogger friends was near the end with her mare. Andrea of Eventing A Gogo stepped up and raised money and support for Brooke and Denali. I remember staring at the "donate" button and thinking, "Christmas is coming and I'm barely employed. What can I possibly give?"

At the same time, I knew I had to do something. If it was my horse that was on the brink, every little bit would mean something to me, and I wanted Brooke to know that whatever happened, there was a whole community of horse people to love and support her.

None of us thought even for a moment that Andrea herself would be in the same position in just a few months. Gogo's injury, carefully rehabbed for two years by the most meticulous and caring owner imaginable, continues to get worse. Andrea wants the best for her and won't condemn her to a life of pain, regardless of how much she just wants to hang on to her beloved mare.

My thoughts and prayers are with them, which is why I'm working with Brooke, Monica, and Stacey to set up something for Andrea. If you can, give a little to Gogo and Andrea. The paypal address is rehabdenali@yahoo.com . We're working on plans for what specifically to do for them, and we welcome your input.

Gogo and Andrea in happier times.

5 comments:

  1. : ) We just sent over our pocket-change. Not a lot, but we do what we can. Can't begin to know what anyone in this situation feels, but hopefully we can bring a little of those 'happier times' back for Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I am on the other side of the world and I can't stop thinking about Gogo and Andrea. I made $40 yesterday trimming hooves. I'm going to give that (as soon as I can convince my husband to show me how to use paypal!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just simply heartbreaking. We will of course donate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see what I can do. So sorry to hear this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this everywhere. My heart is breaking for them. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...