|The shot that completely encapsulates his personality|
Courage and I have been together for a while now, so it's high time I wrote up a list of things I appreciate about him.
1) He is always here to be the best. No matter what it is we're doing on a given day, he tries his hardest and wants to impress me.
|Like a boss|
Doesn't matter if that means going through the water for the first time...
|He's a real draft horse|
...or dressing up as a Budweiser Clydesdale for the Superbowl...
...or even getting decked out in a fly bonnet and evergreen garland for Christmas pictures!
...or just coming back into work this spring.
|Back when he could deal with hind boots|
3) He's quiet enough that I put stars on his ass the first time I ever clipped him.
4) He is a trotting machine! Here he's a couple weeks (at most) removed from the track...
...practicing at home this spring...
...and showing off his sweet moves after his first grown-up lesson of the year.
5. He's really easy to get along with, whether it's one on one...
|Such a ham|
...in a group...
...or just hanging out. (Random Jaws incident aside).
6. He loves riding lessons.
Doesn't matter if it's on the flat...
...over the great wall of China in the middle of winter...
...or learning about ditches on a cross country adventure!
7. But at the end of the day, Courage is the one who makes me smile. He reminds me of the past, but is just bursting with hope for the future. Between his cocky self-assurance and his overly kissable nose, he keeps me focused on making it through each day.
I'm lucky to have the little man in my life.
PS Check out Hilary's contest at Equestrian at Hart