Monday, October 20, 2014

Riding Light

My apologies for the somewhat random absence this past week. I kept trying to do mobile posts and I can only conclude that the blogger mobile app is possibly the most useless thing ever created. It. Doesn't. Work.

So anyways. It was a busy week and lots of things happened, almost none of them horsey.

However, in between trips out of town, I squeezed in a photo session with Ellie. Here are a few of my favorites.

Loving that sunset light
We see you

I really can't pick a favorite
He looks like a stock horse


Always wear a helmet when riding your ottb bareback for the first time
 Not only are they beautiful shots, but I feel like they really capture where Courage and I are right now. We've been together over a year, but it's just now that we're really connecting and learning about each other. I trust him enough to hop on for a quick bareback spin and he trusts me enough to not freak out when I climb on from the fence.

 I was excited about Courage last year, wanting to see how much he could do and how soon, and feeling like some sort of failure if he wasn't doing things unexpectedly early. Now we've settled into a comfortable rhythm together and instead of pushing the limits of his ability, we're just exploring what life together looks like and having a good time.

23 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE these shots! I agree, they definitely show where you and C-rage are right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and a beautiful place to be mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, and a lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos & how far you've come ☺
    You guys inspire me every day! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos :) The best things in life take time, so glad you two are clicking more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fall shots. Reminds me to do that soon. Can't have enough photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such nice pics - hard to choose a favorite! glad c-rage is doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can appreciate how far you have come and for not pushing it- it seems like you guys have found your rhythm and are getting there a lot quicker. Beautiful pic's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! You've both settled into the flow together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures are absolutely perfect and show exactly what you wanted them to show. You have built an amazing relationship and bond with this horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love the photos! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS mobile blogger super sucks. Even leaving comments is a PITA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you're enjoying your time together and the pictures are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you're enjoying your time together and the pictures are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures and I'm so happy you're in such a great place with Courage!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...