|you too can do a craft|
Because they're like Step One: get some shit (ok yes tracking so far i can do stores) and then it's like Step Two: use this other shit you have sitting around (hard pass i don't have those things and NOPE not going back to the store) and I sometimes keep nodding along like oh yeah that makes so much sense even I could do that.
Funny joke no. I could not.
I am the best at ordering things on the internet. Like pizza. If that was a craft, I would be the craft queen.
But it is not.
|now all i can think about is pizza|
So if you're more like me than you normally admit out loud and/or if you super need a drying rack for your shit, you're in the right place. I promise you simple step-by-step instructions and BEST PART you don't even need any supplies. Best. Craft. Ever.
1) Get a beverage. Dehydration is a real thing and so is pacing yourself and not trying too hard. You can choose an appropriate beverage for your lifestyle choices and situation. I went with the biggest iced coffee I could find to get me jazzed up for crafts.
|pro tip: if you bring your corgi to the coffee drive thru, the annoying barista will talk to him instead of you|
|pictured: not the rack you will be building|
3a) Do not take twine off of bales still in the hay stack, particularly not ones which might create a booby trap for you BO. That is dangerous and mean.
3b) If taking twine out of the garbage, make sure to check for various critters before just jamming your hand into a dark hole you can't see. I take no responsibility for said hand getting bitten by snakes or rats or cats or whatever varmints are around your place.
|pictured: not a varmint|
My particular twine came from the trash because my barn is fab about not leaving loose twine on bales.
3c) There are different colors of twine. You can use any color.
3d) If your barn does not have twine, you should probably give up now. Otherwise you have to buy string and that's a downer.
4) Find an out of the way place that is reasonably close to your stall where no one has an excuse to tamper with your shit that you are ok with having water drip all over. This step might be harder in a super fancy barn that's like "indoors" when you're inside it. My barn aisle is dirt so I can drip away.
|pictured: drunk horse in barn aisle|
5) Tie the twine to a fixed point. If you have scissors, you can hard tie it. If you do not have access to blades, do a quick release.
6) Tie the other end of the twine to a different fixed point. You end result should look like a loop of twine hanging between two fixed points.
|yeah that's impossible to see. it's a feature.|
7) Hang wet shit on drying rack.
8) PARTAY GIRLFRIEND YOU DID IT. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy your beverage.
9) I mentioned this rack is fully custom and portable. If you want to level up, you can braid several pieces of twine together in your colors or hang multiple loops. If you need to move it, you can just take it wherever. If your BO complains, you can even wear it like a necklace and just prance around with your wet boots dripping on you as kind of a "statement piece".
WHOA FASHION ADVICE.
You didn't see that coming.
Or just have a sip of your beverage and don't.