Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sometimes I Ride Too

If you're sitting over there like "yes SB is shopping and thinking thoughts about horses, BUT WHAT IS A ZB DOING PRECIOUS?", well, this post is for you.
SHE IS WEARING POM POM HATS

When we left off, Zoëbird had just figured out cavaletti and I took a lesson her.



 That's pretty much where we are.

Ha.

Before all y'all Zoëbird fans riot on me, the little lady is doing fantastic.

We're in the middle of a streak of unseasonably warm weather, which means we got to put in record-early first rides outside the tiny dark indoor.

Full disclosure: every time I rode C-rage outside the indoor the first time, he bolted with me. Baggage much? YES.

EARS OUTSIDE
I am pleased to inform you that ZB was a freaking CHAMPION OF OUTSIDE and like.
I R REAL TIRED MUM
Yeah one of our best rides lately and she didn't put a foot wrong. What's more, I'm starting to trust her and expect that and I was actually able to keep my stupid brain stuffed in it's head and things were good.

Then we had our second ride outside, so like honeymoon's over.
pic actually from first ride, but is representative
Yup still a champion. The one big thing I'm learning is that if I want to work her hard when it's above 40f, I will definitely need to clip her. I'd been avoiding clipping because I was so much enjoying not blanketing and she seemed super happy with our mild winter buuuuut that's just going to have to happen.

I do make an effort to mix things up, so I set a wee tiny jump for her.



Uh.

It's a work in progress.
10/10 cutest horse
I definitely wondered how it would be to start with a baby draftie type. Would the training be boring? Would my brain get on board?

What I've found is that my favorite part of horse training is learning to communicate with the horse, which I am already doing with Zoë on a basic level and she certainly has no shortage of things to communicate right back.

Plus.

I cannot say enough about how fun this little lady is. She shows up and tries her hardest every single day. She wants to do the right thing. She's sassy and opinionated and just a darn cool creature.

42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Three of your horse could wear it. AT THE SAME TIME.

      Delete
  2. She is just so cute! Glad you are having so much fun and bought the right horse for you. So many adult amateurs should do the same, they would have a LOT more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The matching hats are pretty epic. As is your weather/riding outside, and miss ZB being perfect! So basically a trifecta of awesome! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg she has a pom pom hat i'm dead LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hats are adorable and also that saddle pad is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, the hat! I love it and totally would have had one for Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw such a great feeling to have so much fun with the horse no matter what it is you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love her. So happy you have each other! I also love that she just plopped herself over that little jump, like whatevs.
    The hat is epic. I want one in many colors, but with full ears, cause it's freaking freezing here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those matching hats are hands down the cutest things I've ever seen in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. It’s real great. Good thing someone tagged me on the ad.

      Delete
  11. that jump made me bust out laughing, not sure what i was expecting but oh zoelady, you need to pick UP your feet a little.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait. Did you get the pretty purple Mattes pad???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let’s just say I was more able to resist the one in a store because possibly I’d already bought another. 🤷‍♀️

      Delete
  13. You guys are the most adorable thing I've ever seen ♡ She's so perfect for you. I love seeing the progress of your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are just the most adorable team ♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. ZB in a beanie! It doesn't get cuter than that! She's such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I giggled at the jump video. She looked so pleased to have figured it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want the matchy purple hats. that is all (and she is adorable) ZB for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay riding outdoors!! ZB is the queen of nixing baggage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ZOMYGOSH those matching hats are SO cute!!! Love it!! Glad she is continuing to be a good pony for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want it to stay cold so you can continue to wear matching pom pom hats

    ReplyDelete
  21. I immediately had to send a photo of that hat to my mother to try to coax her to knit one lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad she is helping you get past some previous baggage, that is so hard. And man, she is KILLING it in that purple hat~

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL with the jump video. I love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...