Thursday, January 9, 2020

This Was Unexpected

You guys. The weirdest thing happened. 

I wanted to ride my horse. 

Not in like the sort of abstract "I miss the way it used to feel when I was competent" that is pretty normal, but in like a concentrated "I'm going to put my pants on and go mess with my horse in the cold tonight" sort of way. 
baseline. zero fitness, 100% yak hair.
With everything going on in life, I have not felt that way in a while. One of the biggest life skills I've been focusing on is just letting things be and not constantly trying to fix everything. Since I haven't felt like riding, I haven't ridden. 

We did take really cute Christmas pictures. I've been out to toodle around bareback and pet her nose and drop off checks. She's been good, don't get me wrong, but I was definitely starting to see the little things that meant she needed more. A little rude on the ground, a little sluggish on her back. Plus, every time I saw her, I was kind of rushed and going through the motions.

Gee, correlation much? 
I'm getting that familiar itch to ride and train and (haha) shop for pony things again. We're starting slow with some much needed ground work and team building time.

I'm excited to see where we go. 

4 comments:

  1. I’ve been starting to feel this way again too and it’s lovely! Now I just need to be moved in.

    I also can’t wait to see where you go and hope to hear more about toodles and maybe rides, and lots of adorable pictures of your gorgeous girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome <3 Those Christmas pics are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking happy and beautiful, and so is your rider. lol Looking forward to more from you both in the new year.
    Mrs Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...