We got it from the following bloggers (all of whom I recommend checking out):
There may have been others--sorry if I missed you.
So, here are the stipulations:
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
2. Share 7 things about yourself
Now, seven uber-exciting things about me:
1) I am a really boring person. Bed at 10pm, up at 6am. I don't stay out late and I don't really watch movies.
2) I make lists. Constantly. Sometimes, if I'm not accomplishing anything on my to-do list, I add things to them that I have already done and cross them off to make myself feel better.
3) I like challenges. If I have six months to get something done, I will wait until the last possible moment to start and then kick ass to complete the project. I have an extremely accurate inner timer that lets me know when the last possible moment is--thankfully, it's always been accurate.
4) I like to psychoanalyze people. I will watch their favorite movies and tv shows not because I care about the show, but because I want to understand what they like about it and what it says about them. That said, sometimes I end up liking the shows, too.
5) I love rules. Rules are like lists to memorize and exceed at. Given a clearly defined system, I will learn to understand the system, then learn to make the system work for me. That is probably why I love dressage--structure!! It's also what drives me nuts about western--there is no classical school or centuries of literature to build upon.
6) I HATE micromanagement. Give me a list and I will do it. Give me a list and tell me exactly how you want everything done and I will make sure it never happens.
7) I tend to be passive aggressive. I'm working on changing that to just plain aggressive. And yes, I make mental lists to help me recognize what needs to change.
Recently discovered bloggers: (See, this is where this starts to feel micro managed. In order to counteract a system I find annoying, I will list some bloggers that I have recently started reading. There may or may not be 15.)
Braymere Custom Saddlery - she makes model horse tack that is insane.
A Process of Learning - she is breeding her mare to one of my crush's for Izzy
Chasing the Dream - her horse does insane stuff. Oh, and she's aiming for Rolex.
Pia's Parade - possibly one of the most determined people I've ever encountered in blogger world.
Bay State Brumby - Ok, so I've been reading her blog for ages, but it's super fun and she just plain loves her horse.
We are Flying Solo - fabulous eventer and she does it on a budget. My role model.
I Will Jump Sweet Horse Jumps - based in NZ, so her summer/competition season is exactly opposite to mine.
Slow and Steady wins the race - Adult ammy finding her way through eventing and family
Miles on Miles - retraining an OTTB on her own. Color me impressed.
There you go! I'll get around to letting them know tomorrow, I think.