Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Back!!!


I had a wonderful time out of town and I can't wait to see Ms. Izzy this afternoon. I did have another boarder lined up to turn her out, but I suspect the weather didn't allow turnout, so someone's mare may be bouncing off the walls when I show up. Cross your fingers for me.

While out and about though, I got to meet the lovely Denali. Also her mom. They are pretty awesome.

Denali is super sweet and LOVES cookies. Brooke is lots of fun and drove us all over Seattle. We did very mature things.










Like this:

Admit it: you wish you looked that good in a head bumper. (And it's thinline, too. Wooooo.)

We took a grand tour of tack stores, which was fabulous. Three horse people and a whole day of nothing but the most horsey things to do. No schedules to keep.

It was amazing. Also, somehow no embarrassing pictures of myself have surfaced yet. Not sure what's going on there.


At the first store, we found Kerrits breeches on a super sale. They may not be Little Black Breeches, but they fit great and I can't wait to try them out today (provided it gets warm enough).

I also got gloves that fit. It's kind of amazing what even a little more selection can do towards actually finding things that fit. I may not have found any dressage reins, but it was sure fun to look.










Here is an adorable little horse property in a ridiculously expensive area. Not that we were snooping, but who doesn't love looking at horse property?











We also got to meet the super adorable Pete who Denali's mom is working with. He is very lovable.

It was a pretty fabulous day. We had yummy (and oh so spicy) pizza, then a drink stop at McDonalds, then a snack stop at Tops, then a dinner stop at McDonalds. No worries: we lifted up enough saddles to more than work it off.













Speaking of saddles...

Hm, yes. We sat in lots and lots and lots of saddles. It was great. I HATE going to stores where sales people pop out of the curtains, rafters, and floor, then attach themselves to you and proceed to talk about everything. NO. GO AWAY. I like to think and talk things over with someone who is not trying to sell me anything.

Enter Megan and Brooke. Perfect!! We pulled all kinds of saddles off the racks, sat in them, evaluated them, and decided what we thought. If/when we had any questions, we could approach the sales people who were available but not intrusive. Gift Horse=win.

At any rate. This is the saddle that my butt loved. It's a lovely dressage saddle. I have no budget and it has never been near my horse. I did not buy it, but am cautiously exploring my options.

5 comments:

  1. http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Arthur-Kottas-Vienna-Dressage-Saddle-/220727974921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3364699c09

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I wish some saddles weren't so expensive thou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copy that link SB, that's the same saddle, just $1000 less. It looks like it's in better condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend a day! Now all that would have made it perfect was an endless bank account so you could buy everything you fell in love with.

    Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left you an award on my blog!


    ~Rebecca
    thegianthorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...