Monday, March 14, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I am so tired. I was an hour late to work this morning because I fell asleep at home and obviously didn't wake up on time.

GREAT WEEKEND!!

So. First I went to the tack store sale. I had a whole list of things to look for, and in true form, they had literally none of the things I needed in a useful size. Fail. HOWEVER, they did have a kerritts coat that was wind resistant and water-proof in my size, 35% off. The initial price was almost $200, so I wasn't too sure even though I desperately needed a new coat.

Hm... I did find wormer for $3, a nice new body brush, and exchanged my gullet plate for the correct size. (Pony mare likes Wide, for the record. No other sizes than wide.) I finally decided to get the coat and a flaming blue lunge whip. Once at the counter, they figured in discounts from the sale, plus some more stuff I had on consignment, and I walked out having spent $99 to get well over $200 worth of stuff. That is always a win in my book.

Oh, and when I checked email when I got to work, I found out that Tack of the Day had $200 paddock boots in the size and color I wanted half price. They are ordered. Yay for the horrid dead boots getting retired soon!!

My Jimmy Wofford notes are at home... will recap later this week.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for awesome and horribly tempting sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT deals!! I have been staying far, far away from the tack shops. I cant possibly justify buying anything new right now! But maybe as a treat for myself soon.
    Can't wait to hear all about the JW clinic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I could spend hours in a tack shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to find great deal on stuff we need. I always seems to luck out and pay full price for everything. Looking forward to hearing about the clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a sale to brighten my day. 20% at our local tack shop this week and that includes feed, so I'll stock up.

    Looking forward to the clinic notes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear the JW clinic report!

    I scored a pair of Mountain Horse tall boots off of TOTD last week. I am very very excited for them to get here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...