Sunday, July 17, 2011

Maybe the Liquid Diet is REALLY Working



I went garage sale-ing with friends yesterday. It was tons of fun, but one thing really stuck with me--a saddle.

Yeah. Very pretty western show type saddle, great condition, would fit Izzy well, great price... and a 15" seat. Remember, western saddles are measured differently than english saddles. The saddle we've been borrowing is a 16" seat and it works well for us.

I also found the lovely saddle posted on craigslist, and I really, really want it. It's just that I don't want to have a saddle that looks like a glorified butt ornament, if you know what I mean. Any western people opinions out there? Just how much different would it be?
For comparison, a shot of the borrow saddle, also offered for sale. Hm...

4 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about differences in western seats, but I will be completely honest: I think the one on Craigslist looks nice. The one in the pic here looks...heinous. I think it's the white bits that are burning my eyes, it just doesn't work aesthetically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, eventer79, your comment cracks me up! Personally, I like both saddles. I can't really tell how different the Circle Y would be seat-wise, but I do love my Circle Y. And it looks tasteful with the silver, it's not encrusted, just a little bit of shine :) The Circle Y is smaller and it's not a "working style" saddle so it'd be less work to get the stirrups in their proper place. Did you get to sit in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ride in a 17.5 jump and 18 dressage, and I prefer a 15 western to a 16... you just have to sit in them and try.

    I assume Izzy needs Full and not semi? What is the CL one? Looks-wise, I think the CL is nice, and not overly flashy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally useless here. I know next to nothing about western saddles--what's cool and what's not. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...