Friday, June 1, 2012

Hello Summer!

Cuna in summer gear. HATE ALL BUGS!
The sun is shining, the sky is clear, and I am ready for summer.

I am also remembering when I was in school and got the summer off. Dammit, I want the summer off now. I want to go running every day and then ride while it's still cool. I want to come home, shower, fruit around, make over the top meals, and go shopping at random times when the stores aren't busy. Those were the days.

Ok. Snapping out of it. Since I can't have the above fantasy, let's focus on the exciting things going on now:

1) The two point challenge!! Riders, please take your final times and submit them to me no later than June 10, 2012. If possible, post them as a comment on this post. I'll be sure to remind you again. I will do some fancy math-y things and give everyone an improvement score. Hooray!!

2) I had a jumping lesson today in which Steph pointed out that I need stronger legs and core. I am working on the core, but it looks like a long month of no-stirrup work ahead for me. Anyone else want in on this excitement? I'm looking at you, Carly and L. Williams. I'm thinking three days a week, 20 minutes at a whack. Then I will have legs of iron, yes?


Mr. Cuna has moved into the main barn. Here is a super exciting shot of the front of his new stall. It's not so much because I feel any richer (haha, definitely not) but more because the old guy hates all things bugs and sun and this will stay drier and shadier.

In the meantime, let's have a moment of silence for my poor, thin checkbook. I think it has a body score of like 2 right now. If it were a horse, it would be considered severely abused and then taken away from me. 

Annnnd... I was going to upload a pic of how cute Cuna was today in the new barn, but every time I try, blogger makes my entire browser implode. Just know he was completely adorable, despite his hated of all things summer.

16 comments:

  1. I have a grand total of ZERO improvement for my 2-point. Fail. Final times are the same as starting times: 10mins dressage, 7mins jumping.

    I don't know if I'm brave enough to do 3 days a week without stirrups (you are a crazy person!) but I will definitely sign up for once a week. And hopefully my stupid horse will be rideable for more than a few days out of the month this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 mins *yawn* elementary! :P I am taking my last 2 point score next week and those stirrups are coming off (because my 2point without stirrups is a sad, sad, sick and dying thing that should be taken behind the barn and whacked.

    I will keep you accountable! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god. I am pretending that two point without stirrups doesn't exist. You are some sort of crazy monster.

      Delete
    2. Oh.. I am not lying... My trainer asked me to do it and I thought it was a sick joke.. and it was not.

      Delete
  3. Ooooo. I'd take on the challenge of no stirrup work. I need to work on the elusive sitting trot anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want in on a no stirrup challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a lot about this post: Cuna's pic made me LOL...literally. I hate bugs too!

    And body condition-scoring your checkbook? Totally something every horse girl can relate to!

    And this is my first summer with a Real Job instead of school and mannnn is this a rough transition to grownupsville!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The media has made a huge fuss about the Romneys and their dressage horses. They've used the story as proof of the elite world of the super rich--who are, according to them, the only ones who could possibly afford horses. Little do they know the reality of how many of us there are out there living on a shoestring budget just so we can afford a horse of our own.

    Granted, we are better off than many people, but we are far from the millionaires they seem to think all horsemen are.

    Have to laugh. My Mother used to tell me I could afford to buy a nice farm of my own if it weren't for all the money I was spending on "those darn horses." Uhm, Mom, then why would I ever want a farm? *G*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuna makes THE BEST "f you all" faces:) And I have a question for you, which I figure you won't mind answering as you and I share the title of tack whore:) I saw in the last post that you have the KoolCoat Detatch-A-Neck; I want it for my boy but some are saying it runs big. Did you get Cuna's true size or a size down or what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What two things has made this possibly the most awesome blogber post ever? The two spectacularly worded descriptions:

    "In the meantime, let's have a moment of silence for my poor, thin checkbook. I think it has a body score of like 2 right now. If it were a horse, it would be considered severely abused and then taken away from me."

    And from L. Williams: because my 2point without stirrups is a sad, sad, sick and dying thing that should be taken behind the barn and whacked.

    You guys made my week, if not longer =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol on the moment of silence. And I second your view on two-point sans stirrups... It doesn't exist, no such thing ::puts fingers in ears/over eyes, sticks out tongue:: I didn't hear/read that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Final time was 12 mins. I literally thought I was going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately I don't have a final time for you as I haven't really ridden the past 3 weeks due to being out of town. Hopefully I will be able to actually actively participate in the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My final time for the two point challenge is 14 minutes and 28 seconds! Lol, I timed myself and that was the longest I've gone this whole past month, so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I should add that I about fell off at that moment when my legs gave out ;]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...