Monday, June 24, 2013

All the Things You Never Wanted to Know

Thanks to Sarah, Speedy G, Niamh, Erica, and Dragon for the Liebster nomination. That would be a pretty intense list of question to answer, so I've abridged the award format and decided to stick with 11 random facts and then cherry pick my favorite 11 questions.

Eleven Random facts about me:
the pinkest pig
1) When I was very little, my favorite animal was pigs. One very traumatic day, I got a book about pigs from the library and discovered that not all pigs were pink. End interest.

2) I firmly believe that if BBQ was the first kind of food that man invented, we wouldn't have progressed any farther in the culinary department. That would have been sad, because I do love pizza.


this looks amazing
3) If it were possible for me to sit around and eat dark chocolate covered toffee and never leave the house again, that would be ok.

4) I would also do that with dark chocolate covered pomegranates.

5) I love the smell of movie theater popcorn, but I hate actually eating it. Hot air popper with copious amounts of butter and salt is the only way.

6) I rarely smell movie theater popcorn because I really don't ever go to movies.

7) Aside from intensely fattening foods, I really like books. There is actually more space at my house devoted to book storage than tack storage, and you know how much I like tack.

8) My favorite genres are Victorian gothic and almost anything Russian. Austen, Dostoyevsky, Bronte(s), Tolstoy, Hardy, and Solzhenitsyn are accorded minor deities in my library.

9) I got married very young and don't regret it for a second. That said, I always advise my friends to wait. It isn't for everyone.

10) I'm really good at sleeping, but I almost never sleep in.

11) I've only run 4 times this year.

Answering questions:
1) Where is one place you wouldn't want to visit?
Jail. Specifically prison. I have this weird phobia that every time I interact with the law, I'm headed to prison. Irrational, annoying, unlikely.

2) Do you prefer "fancy" breeches, or just plain jane?
I prefer tan knee patch beeches with enough substance to make my ass look less horrible. Not sure how fancy that is. 

3) You've just won the lottery. Would you quit your job?
Hm. How much did I win? For multi millions, yes, absolutely. For a thousand bucks, no.

4) What's your biggest fear as a rider? *I feel like I don't trust people who say "nothing".
 Thanks to the Cunafish, I don't have a specific fear that just eats at me. I absolutely refuse to ride horses that rear or bolt uncontrollably, if that counts.

Possibly the most badass thing ever done
5) Who's your favorite rider and why?
Andrew Nicholson. It used to be William Fox Pitt, but this picture/XC ride made me reconsider.

They're both amazing, but... yeah.





6) What is one thing about your horse you wish you could change?
He'd be sound and maybe a bit younger. If I had to pick just one, it'd be sound. 

practically a rockstar
7) If you could ride any well known horse who would it be and why?
Cuna. <3 He's famous on the internet, you know.





8) Quick, you're trapped on a desert island, what three things do you bring?
Hubby, Cuna, Kindle. Also my dogs. Maybe I'd finally talk Cuna into bareback riding, since I apparently had to leave the saddle at home.



9) Ebay, Craigslist, or Tack shop?
Facebook, then ebay. I do love tack shops too. I have no luck on craigslist in my part of the world. 

10) If you had an unlimited budget, what type of car or truck would you buy?
If I had an unlimited budget, I would buy one of each. A honda element for every day crap transporting purposes (and hosing out the interior) and a giant Ford F450 dually superduty something with heated seats to haul whatever trailer I was in the mood for. 

Polished and professional
11) You're running late for your start time for your dressage test.  What do you most likely forget?
Coat, collar, braids. I'd already know my test.

I honestly think that everyone else has already done this... If I'm on your blog and notice that you haven't, I will tag you. Deal? 

8 comments:

  1. That is a seriously bad ass picture of Andrew Nicholson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I didn't tag you because it never occurred to me that you wouldn't have 200 followers already! I'm glad someone(s) else did. :)

    Andrew Nicholson is not mortal, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the food. Nom nom nom. Also books are good, but I had to go digital because we move too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really funny food facts!!!! And we must have the exact same phobia as it relates to prison. I had to go to traffic court last week and sat there in my fancy clothes (everyone else wore junk) petrified that I was going to offend the judge and be sent to jail! Maybe it's because my dad was a correctional officer - I have some inside knowledge of prison. I definitely don't EVER want to be there either. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen Nicholson do that before. That is the most casually bad ass thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew Nicholson is BA! Funny facts. :) Hope Cuna is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed on the food. Toffee sounds really good right now...
    Totally agreed on Andrew Nicholson. Love that Rolex photo.
    I'm with you on the books, but Russian literature, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...