Friday, July 25, 2014

FRIDAY FUN OMG

He is the best at trotting like a hunk
My favorite Alyssa came out and took pictures the other day. She was going to ride another horse, but Courage was already tacked up and they get along famously.

I really need to do a full write up. GUYS I HAVE SO MANY PRETTY PICTURES I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Let's just agree that Courage is in a really cool place, training-wise and I will write you a better wrap up soon. Like Monday.


Yup. Still best.
Anywho. As I said, Alyssa rode C-rage.

She has this totally awesome way of just riding freely forward without pulling and horses respond really well to it. Especially Courage. HE LOVES HER.

They were all w/t/c and jumping a baby grid and the little stink went better for her than he did for me, which I guess means I ought to work on some things.



Good friends don't stop you. They take pics.
And then we were hanging out in the middle of the arena waiting for Prisoner to finish up.












Courage looks at the epic sky
The little dude was all content and happy and mostly asleep and let's just agree that Alyssa is waaaaay braver and more balanced than me.

I so love that my horse can do this, even if I'm 100% sure I will never try it.

What I will try is entering Alyssa's sweet fly bonnet contest over at Four Mares, No Money. Custom bonnet! Fun piping! Easy entry! Closes today!!

12 comments:

  1. Courage is the best at ALL the things. Period :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The C-rage is the awesomest - nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very nice!

    A fly bonnet question for y'all. I've never actually used (or even seen) one. How does it work with horses with bigger forelocks? Wouldn't the forelock get in the way? Is it really just a hunter/jumper sort of thing where the manes/forelocks are shorter? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically fold the forelock in half on mine when I use a bonnet so it doesn't poke out the bottom. But you could also twist it up or braid it and then tuck.

      Delete
  4. Seriously THAT SKY DOH

    Props to C-rage :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE IS SO FREAKING ADORABLE. :) Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a relaxed beast. Perfect for weird woman antics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the first time I stood up on my OTTB. I was like, "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE A CAMERA!" Awesome job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang I missed the contest. :(

    I LOVE those pictures of Courage and Alyssa! Awesome! I used to stand on my horse's back when I was a kid, but I'm not sure I want to try it now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look like you're having great time on great horses!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...