Thursday, December 11, 2014

Four Awesome Things I Want for Christmas

It's that time of year again. People are all crazy go nuts buying things for loved ones and I'm just over here like "I'm on a budget and all the pony things are on sale. Whyyyyyy." 

So as per the usual, I really, really want these things, but I won't be purchasing any of them in the foreseeable future. Let's imagine that I had a budget or someone was shopping for me though. Here's all the crazy fun things I'm wanting but don't need and can't afford. 

It's ok to borrow pics for advertising purposes, right?

I already have a PS bridle and not gonna lie, I love it. So much. Cool features, quality workmanship, fits perfectly and keeps me entertained. 

This one is also super cool. Interesting design features and very anatomic and 

GRABBY HANDS SO WANTY.



Not gonna lie. Wanty.

Yeah ok, it almost killed me when Bit of Britain had their black Friday sale and these bad boys could have been mine for $167, when full retail is $209. 

Long time readers know I have wanted these forever. They also know that I really can't justify $200 muck boots. I tried telling my husband that it was a great deal and I could ride in them too and I don't do barn work anymore (knock on wood), but no dice. 

I guess if I got them, I'd realize my wardrobe isn't trendy enough to match them anyways. 





Certainly wouldn't complain if it was monogrammed

I took the plunge this year and snagged an Ogilvy pad for Courage. It's a pretty great pad. It's way classier than my cheap and limited saddle pad collection. I really want the Ogilvy baby pads to balance out the classiness and be all non-slip awesome, but at $40 a whack, they haven't been in my budget.

I'm way too impatient to custom order through any of the vendors and I'm perfectly happy with black and white. 

Free shipping at smartpak if you buy two, ok Santa?

Not the dorky hat though.

Truth: many years ago when I still had the hellmare and expendable income, I snagged a horsewares hoodie on a mad post-Christmas smartpak sale. I loved it.

You can tell, because I'm wearing it while I'm typing this post. The cuffs are fraying apart and the print is wearing off, but that's par for the course after like.... 4 or 5 years of heavy wearing and washing, including barn work and riding in all weather. 

I love the horsewares line--cool details, well made, infinitely stylish (maybe that's just me? I dunno). I don't like the prices, which I why I don't own much from them, but we're dreaming here so SHHH. 



I'll stop now. I could come up with more. I could do an all-tack list. I could do a for the horse and for the rider list for several different disciplines, but I'm committed to my budget and shopping is the buzz kill of budgets as far as I can tell. 

So. What's everyone else dreaming of? 

PS Please don't say jewelry. If it sparkles, it damn well better go on a horse, or I'm flat out not interested. 

25 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Do I ever have the wanties, but right there with you in the poorhouse department. Anatomic girth, fleeceworks half pad, breeches in ALL THE COLORS, because colors... I could go on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to buy a PS 5-point breastplate, but I certainly cannot justify it before I even have a saddle that works. I also want Dubarry's, a PS bridle (almost anyone will do), every pair of Aztec and Annie's breeches, and a custom fly bonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that PS bridle is seriously nice!

    I would love to get me some Andis clippers. But I got a horse trailer this fall, and that is my Birthday/Christmas/Valentines Day/etc. present for the foreseable future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bridle is on my list too!!! It's gorgeous. I think Emi's going to need one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take the Dubarrys and another Horseware fleece. Also an Olive green Mattes pad. And... whoops, there goes my imaginary budget! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want Equifit Luxe Leather Open Fronts SO DAMN BAD. For no reason, other than they are pretty and I like pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh yes budgets suck! I did a wishlist post recently, but I'm dreaming of a really warm jacket (my stuff is just not insulated well enough!), paddock boots, a safety vest, half chaps, a dressage saddle and a skito pad. Yeah none of that will happen any time soon!! I'll keep on dreaming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have basically the same taste. And I also hate jewelry. Luckily for me I must have been a REALLY good girl this year because I've gotten basically everything I wanted already. I am almost out of things to want. (HA, like that'd ever happen)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want all the trendy things. I really want a shoulder relief girth. I'd like an ogilvy half pad. I also really, really need breeching. However, the one I really want is padded and costs like $300, which I feel like is a lot for a few strips of leather. So the need will probably win out with a cheap amish one instead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been one for fashion, but there is some darn cute apparel out there that I'd love to get from Santa. I'd also like a figure-8 noseband and show money!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much ... SO much. County saddles; Five Star Tack 5-point breastplate; flexi-stirrups, black lined child size stirrup leathers; clothes ... And those Dublin boots! I have had them on my Amazon wishlist for 3 years now!! I am loving my river boots, so clearly Dublin is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome stuff!! i made a little wish list too for my bday - but definitely would add some horseware stuff to it. love my polo and would take sooo many more lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bridle is to die for. I'd sell an ovary for that thing. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not real attached to those ovaries, are you? Is there a market for those puppies?

      Delete
  14. You know what my list looks like...but ah! That bridle. Waaaaaant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like sparkly jewelry AND pony things, which makes my poor hubby die a little on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have those Pinnacle boots. I've had them for going on 4 years. I love them, maybe more now than I did when k first got them. They're comfortable enough to wear for a full day of heavy walking, waterproof enough to wade into a pond with, nice enough to pair with a sweater dress and wear to dinner, warm in the snow, and even okay to ride in. They're durable, too. Mine show almost no wear, and I do wear them almost every day in the winter. I've walked countless miles in them. That said, I do not wear them to the barn often. Cleaning mud off of them is not something I'd ever want to do. They are also just slightly too short, and catch on the bottom of my saddle flaps when I ride. And the foot is s bit clunky. That said, I do wear them to the barn when it's extremely cold. They're slightly insulated, and keep my feet warm.

    Sigh. Love them. Can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like an unlimited budget to spend on vet, alternative therapies, etc. to get my boy rideable. I haven't ridden in over three years and I am going CRAZY(er).
    Apart from that, oh, ya know, just the entire contents of the Dover, Smartpak, VTO, Bit of Britain, Valley Vet, Cheshire Horse, etc. catalogs. And a truck and trailer. And a farm. And a hot farm boy.
    I have been REALLY good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been NQR since he came back from Chicago and was (finally!) diagnosed with EPM this summer. :-/ Treated with a full month of Marquis, DMSO, bute, vitamin e, etc. and is much better than he was over the summer, but still has some neuro issues.

      Delete
    2. Aww! So sorry to hear that but I'm glad he's improving! Are the vets expecting a full recovery or will he have to retire? If you ever want to talk feel free to email me anytime. :-)

      Delete
  18. I want the Ogilvy baby pad in like 9 different color combos. At least 9. Maybe 27.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought a pair of the Dublin River boots about five years ago and still wear them. They've held up to that many years of barn use really well. So if the Pinnacles are as durable as the River boot, purchase justified (even if they are only for the barn).

    ReplyDelete
  20. *Grabby-hands*
    That bridle is swoon!!!!
    ♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...