Friday, December 12, 2014

Making It: Tack Ho on a Budget

Bridle selection at the old barn
As I mentioned before, tack buying is not so much for me right now.

My very mature response has been: poo. And possibly sticking my tongue out.

The good news is, I have an end around that lets me keep having tack fun without all the expense of buying.

Remember how I'm going for the whole "minimalist" thing at the new barn? I have a trunk, a saddle rack, and a couple of hooks instead of a huge locker plus a trunk, plus blanket racks, plus all the space I want in the tack room.







I mean, yeah, I could add more hooks
That means the rest of the pony toys got cleaned and conditioned and put away in (dun dun dun) THE VAULT.

aka my garage.

Yeah, I even washed and rolled all the polos. There is a WHOLE RUBBERMAID TUB of boots. Don't even get me started on the bit box.

I don't spend a lot of time in the garage day to day, so when I'm feeling the need for a change, I just run out and rummage through rubbermaids until I have enough fun toys to keep me entertained for a few days. It's like the best store ever because everything is free and whoever stocks it has immaculate taste.




argyle polos and aramas bridle
I'm a total out-of-sight-out-of-mind person, so it works really well for me. I mean, it's obviously not completely the same as pulling the trigger on fancy new toys. However, I can just swap out a bead string on a browband, grab a bridle I haven't used lately, and pick the cutest polo wraps, which makes it almost feels like shopping.

Can't argue with the results, right?

15 comments:

  1. That IS the best store ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stuff at my in-laws and I go "shopping" there quite often! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds totally reasonable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I need a vault. Nah, I would just fill it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need like, a communal vault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, can you imagine the joy of all our things in a communal vault!? Epic!

      Delete
  6. Picture with the argyles (!) is precious.

    There are plenty of us out here who have to budget. :( Your solution is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I totally feel like it is getting something new when I find something I forgot about

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you're saying that the same tactics my mom used on me and my toys as a kid totally work as an adult? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It helps when you have such a cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need that kind of a store!!!!
    Although my basement is kinda like that but rugs only, I want an unlimited supply of polos, boots, bridles & bits to play with
    Mist expand my hoarde

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...