Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Ruthlessly Exclude, Part The Second

True fact: I have never horse shopped before in my life. I have saddle shopped (hate, 0/10 do not recommend) and I was told horse shopping is worse.
Go horse shopping they said

However, when you're done with a relationship, basically anything not-that-relationship sounds like a good idea.

(This is why Roxie's mom was like WRITE A LIST NO TALKEE TIL LIST IS DONE because yeah. Objectivity, thy name is not SB.)

I also had a couple of goals:

1) Do not buy the first thing you fall in love with.

Ok make that one goal.

The first thing I looked at, I fell for HARD. WANT SO BAD. But it was not on the list. And remember, ruthlessly exclude. And not the first thing.

Then I looked at a bunch of other things.
one of each plz

I assure you, I was eminently rational about this entire process and did not one time stay up late into the night on the internet, debating putting down a deposit on a wildly inappropriate horse that I SUPER WANTED BECAUSE OMG I LOFF IT BACK OFF.

Well okay that happened several times too.

Anyways. I knew I needed a pretty specific horse, I knew said horse was probably going to be a word of mouth placement vs a random internet ad, and I knew that I could not be trusted to go look at the horse by myself.
skepticollie
As such, while I definitely fell (hard) down some internet rabbit holes (that were SO KYOOT) and spent waaaaaaaay too much time joining random facebook groups and obsessively reading ads. my search was actually focused.

I guess I had a second goal too:

2) I must be able to meet future poneh in person.

I chased down local contacts. Roxie's mom and Leah worked their connections. I planned a couple tentative viewing trips, then canceled them when things didn't shake out.

And then it happened! Roxie's mom was like I HAVE FOUND THE ONE and I was of course already in love because #emotionallyunstable is basically my life right now. But THE ONE checked all the boxes, even as verified by the trusted circle that knew what was on THE LIST and THE ONE was not ruthlessly excluded.

So I picked a show name and planned a road trip with a trusted friend...

catch a ride on the pandicorn express

31 comments:

  1. A cliffhanger?!?!?!?! Where is the love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack! And then what? What? TELL ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Pandicorn Express. Hate the cliffhanger.

    Does this mean there's a new pony to shop for pretty things for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliffhangers are the worst. I'm also sad you didn't mention our new favorite made up breed 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love that you picked a show name before meeting said THE ONE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely always do things in order, as you can tell.

      Delete
  6. This made me laugh. Looking forward to the rest of the story...

    ReplyDelete
  7. *flings self on floor. Y U hate us? FOR THE MOTHERFCKIN LOVE OF UNICORNS EVERYWHERE, GIVE US MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AND THEN?! The suspense is killing me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duuuude, uncool to leave us hanging! JK- looking forward to hearing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummmmm whaAatt??? Pandicorn? Please oh please let it be super flashy colored and the cutest ever

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't deal with the cliffhanger!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to laugh hysterically if you ended up with a giant paint mule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't think to exclude mules from the list. Your laughing would be justified.

      Delete
  13. I hate cliffhangers! Cant wait to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was so mean. SO MEAN. Hurry up and post the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUSPENSE! You are killing me!!!

    (And yet I feel like the tables have been turned on me. I apologize for the many months of mystery during my own horse shopping!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...