Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Zoëbird Has Landed!

Welp.

She's here!
HALLO
I suspect the only person more excited about this than me is Roxie's mom, because she picked Ms. Zoëbird on Sunday and then proceeded to get all-caps texts like "BUT HOW IS SHE NOW" roughly every five minutes until she dropped her off at my barn Tuesday afternoon. Fortunately, she's a good sport and I got adorable pictures like this:
That I promptly showed to Teresa all weekend (blog recap later I promise!) because I'm that internet weirdo that just shows up at your house and is like LETS DO ALL THE THINGS. Trust me. Things were done.

BUT


Zoëbird left the temperate north early Tuesday morning, hauled like a freaking champ all day, and landed in the desert in the late afternoon.

photo by Roxie's mom
She nickered to the horses like "o hai frendz", then trooped into the barn and started eating and drinking like a champion.
um hello gorgeous
I was so excited about her coming that I totally forgot important things like an entire bucket of curries to see which is her favorite or a sampling of cookies from the feed store. But. I made do with what I had. I wanted to DO ALL THE THINGS OMG but that was a long ass haul on a hot day, so I settled for grooming her.
her hair omg

And trying on some stuff.

TIME FOR SHOPPING

And going on a handwalk around the property to stretch her legs.

forgot handwalking pics so here's a bonnet pic
I mean. She's a baby. She sorta forgot she'd worn a bridle before and I had to remind her about her walking manners.

But omg she's so sensible. And sweet. And adorable. <3

yeah that's pretty freaking cute
I have some tack sizes to hunt for because yeah, cob size ottb she is not. Which like. SHOPPING OMG.
O HAI
I dunno how to wrap this up. She's here! I'm thrilled! Breathless updates to follow!

77 comments:

  1. yayyyyy welcome home Zoe!!!! can't wait to get to know you!!!! and esp to see all the new stuff your new mom gets to buy to make you even more beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo of you and Zoe by Roxie's mom = Frameworthy.

    You look so happy and she looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I have a photo to document. Bonus it came out cute.

      Delete
  3. Welcome home, Zoe. Is it bad I'm more excited about the tack you'll buy her than the adventures you'll have? Of course, I'm also excited about the adventures, but tack...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I mean it's going to be a whole new look because she's a completely different body type.

      Delete
  4. OMG she is so cute! Love the kiss spot on the end of her nose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THE YAY

    im soooo excited you have her. and she looks cute in your western bridle. i'm so excited for the new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd put my English bridles on her but they are too little for her face.

      Delete
  6. YAY Zoëbird!!! So excited she's finally here and you can get her measured and commence with adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for more excuses to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must teach us how to do the dots above the e in her name! I feel like I cannot appropriately express my excitement without them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're on an iPhone or apple computer, you hold the letter "e" down and all the various options will pop up!

      Delete
  9. Ahhhh congratulations! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sweet girl - I love that face

    ReplyDelete
  11. No posts anymore but I still read everything, and this made my day!! So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! Glad she arrived safe and sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The thing I love about all of these photos is her facial expression. So kind and gentle, but pleasantly surprised to find herself in a new place! No wild eyes, no jitters. Just a great go with the flow attitude! Love. Her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to blogland Zoë! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so stinkin' cute. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. In other news....your header. You found your Courage... But now you have a [Zoe]bird, so from finding Courage to acquiring wings? Achieving flight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know! I need a new header and I need to update all my bios and photos and tags.

      Delete
  17. OMG SHE IS ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So exciting! The shopping, I mean. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeeeeee! She's home!!!! And black, what a great color because she will literally look fab in anything you want to dress her up in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wahooo, so exciting!!! Can't wait to follow along and like all the IG pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. So exciting! I just love her expressions. She just looks so sweet and like she really wants to please you.

    If you end up liquidating any cob size things, please post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely having her try on all the things.

      Delete
  22. YAY I go away for a week and all this happens but YAY YAY YAY (she is adorable and can't wait to read all about your tales!)

    ONE MORE YAY! :) (Ha on wanting to buy the first one you saw....yeah that happens)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay!!! So excited for you and for all of us that get to read about the amazing Zoebird and your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yayayayayay! I love the kissy spot on that adorable schnozz! And that shiny butt! And you look so happy! So many feels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats!!! I love my perch cross girl and can't wait to read about your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so excited for you!! She's gorgeous and I can't wait for your adventures together. I love draft crosses because they are absolute saints! Her snip is also the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely known some lovely ones and I think she'll be fabulous.

      Delete
  27. SO EXCITING!!!!! I can't wait to hear how ALL OF THE THINGS goes... But also, and more so, I'm excited to see all the outfits you pick for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor thing is desperately short on outfits. I MUST SAVE HER WITH OUTFITS.

      Delete
  28. Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your future adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love her. Can't wait to see what trouble you two get into... <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...