Friday, March 16, 2018

#nailedit: Training Breakthrough

I maaaaaay have mentioned the other day how I broke my horse and she completely forgot how to turn right. I possibly did not mention how toodling in a western saddle while giggling hysterically also completely broke the rest of the steering.
NOT R WANT TURN NO

GOOD NEWS GUYS.

I did some actual riding and I fixed my horse AND found a new secret way to do it.

Here it is:

1) Pick up your outside rein. Bend your elbow, close your fingers, HOLD A CONTACT, and alllllllmost think counter bend.

2) Apply your inside leg to keep your horse's body straight and connected.

BOOM.

I was so proud of myself for figuring this out.

And then I was like "wait inside leg to outside rein... have I heard this before somewhere?"

Nah it's totes new material.
i will distract you with how cute we are

19 comments:

  1. That is right up there with if you want your horse to be straight maybe stop digging your one butt cheek into the saddle 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaaaaah. Huh. I'm sure no one has ever mentioned that, right?

      Delete
  2. ^_^ this had me laughting hard. You made my day... too good. But Yeah it is totally new material that I rediscover everytime I ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get some pretty amazing looks from my trainer when I tell her about my brilliant breakthroughs.

      Delete
  3. Clearly, you're a genius horse trainer! Yay for steering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? All that and now I'm back to like 80% steering.

      Delete
  4. OH IS THIS HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK? Definitely haven't been doing that at all, just shopping for cute outfits in case he's rebelling against pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When in doubt, cute outfits for sure.

      Delete
    2. Definitely didn't buy a hackamore just because I broke our brakes. And definitely didn't start shopping for a special hackamore bridle.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha uh yeah wait till you see what’s coming to my house. #ihadacoupon #thatmakesitok

      Delete
    4. #zoeneededit #howchampionsthink

      Delete
  5. Somehow, all my ah ha moments have already been discovered as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how we her things and just shelf them in our brain for later. We tell ourselves- "It doesn't apply right now" and then one day, out of the blue, we have that AAAHHHHHHHH! moment and revel in our brilliant discovery. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...