Tuesday, June 26, 2018

I Tack Ho'ed So Hard

I know, I know. Every time I say that, you think I can't top the last time I said that.

Well.

I can.

I don't even know why you doubt me anymore.
shame on your doubts
Soooooo this story starts back in January when I visited my sister and we skipped through a tack store whilst tossing dollar bills into the air willy nilly (metaphorically).

One thing I saw that many of you were like OMFG HOW DID YOU NOT BUY THAT was this:
make sexy eyes at otto!

I mean. Yeah. It's lovely. But also like a billion dollars and OH YEAH perhaps you remember how ZB fits in approximately off-the-rack NOTHING.

Plus I happen to know that the thing with Otto is that you can order custom but you have to go through a dealer and there isn't one close to me. Also one thing about me is that I have the attention span of a caffeinated gnat, so custom ordering is not in my wheelhouse. I'm an instant gratification girl.

But then you all probably know Stephanie (say with me: THAT BITCH!) who I legit hung out with at Rolex last year and one day on facebook she started this out-of-control thread about ugly custom bridles which somehow segued into her casually dropping the fact that she works for an Otto dealer.

HOLD THE PHONE.

I did what any responsible tack ho would and casually filed that information away for later.
every day is a good day for rolex pictures

lol jk this is me

I immediately messaged her every detail of what I wanted and asked what it would cost.

She for some reason didn't think I was a tire kicker and got back to me all polite and professional and told me the cost.

We'll leave it vague, but let's just agree that it was enough that as a seasoned tack ho who's used to paying for quality, I most definitely threw up in my mouth and was like NOPE HARD PASS LOL WE ARE NEVER EVER EVER GETTING THAT TOGETHER.
Buuuuuut

Once you know

And you've had some time to get used to it

And then you think about your life without it

I mean.

The mare legit doesn't fit in off the rack sizes, which means 1) finding things for her is impossible and 2) impulse buying strap goods is dead. Also she's the nicest horse I've ever had, so doesn't she deserve the nicest bridle?

And you know. I'm not showing this year, so what better time to buy a ridiculous bridle than now when I'm not paying entries and memberships?
logic. we has it. 

I messaged Stephanie something mature like YOLO (after several weeks, I'll have you know).

Then the wait began.

I was super patient for like the first 38 seconds.

Then it was pure torture.

I think Roxie's (and Halo's!!) mom got so tired of listening to me that she sent me a link to a purple padded FSS bridle for pennies on the dollar on eBay, which I most definitely bought to kill time.
again with the photo edits
I waited. I waited more. THERE WAS SO MUCH WAITING.

THEN ONE DAY
DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
THE WAITING WAS OVER
I MEAN NO DEFINITELY DONT DROP IT
BRIDLE PARTAY
Except it also wasn't over.
DO YOU SEE IT

SOBBING
I was hoping to hold off on writing this for a while and be like "everything is awesome!" but it's been a week+ and despite repeated attempts to reach out to Otto, I don't have a firm plan or a ship date for the correct browband and it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

I mean. I may be small potatoes to Otto himself, but I didn't pay $$$ for a custom to bridle to get *almost* what I wanted.
mmmm classy
Bright side: I managed to finagle my topline leather browband on and it does look fabulous. And I'm obsessed with the bridle. And it's exactly what I wanted (other than the browband). And it looks fabulous on ZB.
taking a bridle picture
wtf is zb doing

hi zb

yeah now it's not a bridle pic
So anyways. It's in progress and after waiting as long as I did, I am not thrilled to be waiting longer.

Otoh, the bridle is gorgeous and I do not regret a cent.

#goshopping

35 comments:

  1. While I'm deeply sorry about the browband tragedy, I definitely giggled through the rest of the post. #treatyoself 🤷😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's shitty that Otto isn't on top of this... BUT. Beautiful purple bridle on a beautiful baby horse? TOTES WORTH WHATEVER YOU SPENT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Request: courage has opinions needs to make that metaphor into a meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now she needs a matching ensemble in navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True confession: navy on her puts me to sleep. I love it on other black horses tho?

      Delete
  5. you already know my feels about this bridle, i look forward to the day the ombre makes it's sweet arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #goshopping is my new favorite hash tag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo when are you getting that purple pad to match?! Can't have too many pads right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are 100% right, the best horse deserves the best bridle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still super jealous, and still in need of a leather bridle with purple padding. oh my

    ReplyDelete
  10. As someone with a horse that is not off-the-rack for bridle wear and as someone who really wants a custom bridle I did not need to this post. #bridleenvyisathing

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE. Fancy bridle goals! Hopefully Otto gets it together very soon with your browband order.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Lame about the browband though, that sucks. Thank goodness the Topline browband looks fab though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean the topline is brilliant so I'm not exactly sad about it.

      Delete
  13. Ugh, waiting is the worst! Hope the right sparkly browband comes soon. Love how the teeny dogs are arranged according to height, very logical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bridle is beautiful, but I like the lighter colored browband better too. Do they have an aqua color in Cob? I must speak to my person about this right away.

    She's a lucky ZB to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. A statement piece!

      And the statement is: we fabulous.

      Delete
  16. The whole ensemble is pretty and I'm sure once it gets straightened out, everything will look great on her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...