Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jumping Pony Strikes Again! (and random pictures)

We had another lesson this morning. When I set jumps, I put a (scary) white plank in one of the fences and Irie's mom, who was helping, left the ground poles out a little far, so it was like a midget oxer.

Needless to say, Izzy refused. In yet another example of why I love Cathy, she had us walk up to it and stand there, to get Izzy relaxed. Then we trotted in again. As instructed, I was supportive, but not pushy. I wasn't going to force Izzy to jump; I just wanted her to go to it. And she did; removing the pressure made her much happier. The third time we trotted in and Izzy LEAPED over the scary white plank. It was only about 18" off the ground, but we made at least 2'6" over it just to be sure.

After that, the plank was fine.

On a slightly different note, here are some pictures from the show last Friday. This is Cathy and her mare Shasha warming up for their class.
I don't know who this is, but I'd never seen a Multibridle in person before. Very interesting.
Cathy and Shasha, 2nd Level Test 4. As you can tell, it was a schooling show and it was cold, so we weren't super formal.
Irie the Halfie and his mom. You can say it. A Halfie in dressage tack is the cutest thing ever.

After my lesson this morning, Irie's mom and I played with our horses and scary things.
Izzy isn't scared of ponchos.
Irie isn't too sure about balloons.
Neither is Izzy.
Umbrellas are nice.
Aww. Sweet pony.
Irie wears the poncho.
Irie does the tissue paper.
Izzy has more pizazz with tissue paper.
And Izzy takes a poncho high fashion. You wish you could wear it this well. (Also doubles as a super hero cape).

8 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, I think my Toby is jumping out of his skin at that balloon, even as I am reading. Not sure about the other "stuff" but balloons--well, shiny mylar once, at least, are terrifying. *G*

    It does look cold at that show. Another reason for me to stay home. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balloons! Maisie doesn't care, but Dawn is having heart failure as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Izzy is a very good girl! Spider would have died of fright as soon as the poncho came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I was just thinking about doing ground work today with Denali. I can't imagine what it's going to be like. I'm sure one of us will die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY pictures! YAY jumping! and the Hafie makes me miss Golden.

    Looking forward to more jumping stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not agree more. Haffies in dressage gear are super cute. Love the "scary stuff" photo shoot. :) Currently my haffie is showing his yellow side to a blind dairy calf that is taking up residence in our barn. Oh the bravery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I love playing Dress Up The Pony In Funny Stuff! It's good training for them and lots of fun and amusement for us.
    I really like the tissue paper idea, that looks like a good one. However, my personal fave is still Salem wearing the pink feather boa and butterfly wings. :-D
    I wish there were pics of you and Izzy at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brave ponies! Izzy is such a good girl and that Irie is too cute (I had a yellow lab growing up by the name of Irie, so I'm biased).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...