Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's Sparkle Time!

I mentioned in my tack post that C-rage got his very own sparkle browband, but I didn't go into detail because I didn't have my hot little hands on it just then.

Well, now I do.

After Amelia did such a fantastic job with Cuna's browband, I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. I contacted her and we got to work.

ALL THE SPARKLES!!!
For those of you who don't know me well, I'm not an artist and color stuff stresses me out. I am NOT GOOD at that sort of thing, not at all. So I had an idea of the colors I wanted and picked out a couple beads that I liked, and then Amelia did this:

I told her I loved them all, then promptly asked for a combo that she didn't even put together yet.





Photo by Dark Jewel Designs
She came up with this:

Yes. I love it.

And that's when we started on strand two.

For the uninitiated: Dark Jewel Designs sells custom browbands with interchangeable bead strings. $40 gets you one browband and two strings. And yes, you read that right. $40. I have no idea how that woman makes any money, but I love her.

(Full disclosure: Cuna's browband was provided free of charge. I paid for this one because I loved the first one so much.)

Photo by Dark Jewel Designs
Again, we went through the process of cool patterns and designs and colors. I picked a string from her first assembly and loved it. She even emailed me pictures of the mostly-finished product to make sure it came out the way I wanted it.

Omg. Yes!

Not gonna lie, I squealed when the package showed up at my house and even photographed the unwrapping process because I was so excited.

And the sparkles are even prettier in person.

Sparkles and fabio hair
I've been trying to coordinate sunshine and a camera person, but it's February and one photographer is in school while the other lives out of state. Here's what I've got so far:

Courage rocking the chocolate and teal.It's his look, definitely. I love these colors on him and the browband is classy with just enough eye-catching sparkle. I'm thinking we'll rock it in the jumper ring.


And who can forget those navy sparkles? I have yet to really capture just how they glow in the sun, but it is gorgeous.

Conclusion: If you want sparkles, you want Dark Jewel Designs. They're on Etsy here and you can follow them on facebook here. I definitely recommend checking out the facebook page--if you want something shiney and are on the fence about the design, you can look through all the completed commissions and see what strikes your fancy.





Totally want to steal this

25 comments:

  1. Hey, every tack ho needs some bling now and then! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great price. Courage looks stunning in his bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!! They're all beautiful, and Courage is definitely OWNING the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courage looks AWESOME in teal and brown! So fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy sparkles batman. LOVE it and that price is a steal!! Good thing Mollie's birthday is coming up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh those are both gorgeous, Courage is already such a handsome fella he is deff gonna rock them & be even more of a heartbreaker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many sparkles...love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THEM! And love them extra because its something I probably wouldn't think to pick out personally (chocolate + teal? fab!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Amelia! Roz just got his own browband, and I plan to post on it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her browbands! I bought two for Gatsby for our show back in October but then he hurt himself before I got to use them:( They also make great Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cute. I have mixed feelings about sparkle browbands... I don't know what I'd do if I showed the jumpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the queen of matching outfits. YOU WOULD SHINE.

      ;-)

      To each their own.

      Delete
  12. <3 Coming from dressage-land a have a small collection of bling browbands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love blingy browbands!! I am curious as to how you can interchange them. The ones we did had little lobster claw clasps.
    P.S. I went to her fb page and now i want to buy all of them. The custom ones I made suck...I am totally not creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am obsessed with, and need, all these sparkles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh love love! I want that last green one SO.MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That really is a great price on them. Love the colors you picked for him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They really are gorgeous! I need some sparkle for my jump bridle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...I am not usually into sparkle AT ALL, but those are awfully nice and surprisingly affordable. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I immediately said MUST HAVE THE SHINEY and I'm working with Amelia to create one right now! I can't wait and thank you to Courage and yourself for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...