Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I RIDED A ROXIECORN

I dunno how many of you follow I is Roxie, but you should. I've known Roxie's mom for a couple years now. A couple weeks ago, I was texting her about Courage's ongoing situation (let's... not talk about that today) and was like WAH EVERYTHING SUCKS AND IM DYING and she's like "come ride my Roxiecorn".

obviously
And as Karen knows, you really shouldn't invite me to your house and offer to share your horse unless you really, actually, for real mean it.

Because I show up.
and so does Roxie
I really don't think photos can quite capture all of Roxie's glorious bigness. Also she is basically perfect. 

Roxie's mom rode Potato and I swung up on Roxie. 
and

OMG YOU GUYS

the pony giggles are real. 

I'm a tall human-sized-human but Roxie makes me feel like a tiny child. And also she is perfect at trails. We followed. We lead. We walked, trotted, and cantered. 

And the whole time I had my hands in the mane, reins on the buckle, and giggled like an idiot because Roxie is SO MUCH FUN. 
The scenery was to die for, the weather was perfect, and the company was impeccable. The tree jizz was a bit over the top, but meh. It was just nice to have trees I thought. 

At one point I was even like OMG ROXIE'S MOM TAKE A PICTURE OF US.
IS A ROXIE
And that was just day one! When we were plotting day two, Roxie's mom mentioned that she had a unicorn horn for Roxie that she'd never used. 

Which like. 
yup
Obviously. If I'd known in advance, I so would have dragged a princess dress along and made everyone play dress up, haha. 

ROXIE JOMPING
Instead we played with Roxie bareback. And then I got a turn!
Roxie's mom trying to get ears up

Roxie not impressed
I was super sore from the day before and also haven't been on a horse bareback in like two years, so opted not to trot, but it was so fun to toodle around on a giant Roxie! 
And then many cookies were fed to the glorious Roxiecorn. 
favorite shot
All in all, it was a super fantastic weekend and I will definitely be back to harass Roxie and her mom again. 

45 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. omg yes! also it was noted we were basically in Canada and I thought of you.

      Delete
  2. Okay I love that big horse so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast! And the photos are so FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA it was so much fun. I'm going to have to not show up too often or they won't let me come back.

      Delete
  4. Love the Roxiecorn. She is just the cutest and I love her blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that last picture tho!!! LOVE that unicorn horn and suits Roxie so perfectly haha! what fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS AMAZING!!! Funnest day ever!! Love the pony giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So uh... *shifty eyes*... did you steal the Roxie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had to swear a solemn oath not to. Plus Roxie's mom is way more badass than me.

      Delete
  8. So.Much.Fun. How can you stand it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man she is the cutest! I thought that horn was photoshopped.... it is even better that it is a real horn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like one of the most comfortable bareback ponies to ever pony around! Plus, you have to watch out for that tree jizz. Make sure you keep it off the horn or else Voldemort will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dannnggg. I know how tall you are and you look like a child on her. She is so much more massive than I'd realized having a measuring scale I can compare to. LOVE the horn on her though, definitely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I somehow always thought her mom was teeny but no. She's my height.

      Delete
  12. very cool, adorable horse and probably JUST what the doctor ordered!! YAY (she really is cute i must visit her blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Roxiecorn adventures look magical :) I am glad you got to go have a fun pony adventure weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like the best weekend ever! Rio has a Unicorn horn too... but his is invisible. Only I can see it ;)
    What breed is Roxie?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun. I have a unicorn horn too, but I really need to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The unicorn photos win the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super fantastic! Roxie is on my list of horses I'd like to meet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, what a fun weekend with the Roxiecorn :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Roxie says to come back any time and also to bring those soft peppermints from Walgreen's. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...