Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Rolex Part the Second: SHOPPING ERMEGERD

Not gonna lie--I’ve been planning this whole “Rolex” shebang since like… November? And all along my plan looked like this:

1) Fly in Wednesday in case of delays or problems
2) Go shopping Thursday
3) Other stuff probably
and put a topline browband on Eagle Lion #achieved
Yeah not a joke. I don’t get to touch a lot of stuff where I live, so I’ve been putting aside shopping $ for a couple months now. I wanted to get a little crazy-go-nuts in the trade fair and not regret it for months afterwards.
socks
First things first. We took a selfie at the ticket booth, walked through the front gate, and BAM Rolex swag booth. I’d already peeked around the official RK3DE online store so I wouldn’t have sticker shock and I knew I wanted something Rolex-y to take home and wear forever and for always. I nabbed a fancy schmancy coat. And a hat. And a gift for a friend. And a lanyard, cuz all the cool kids have lanyards.
modeling talents provided by Leah
stubben
antares
Next up was a big, fancy outdoor tent that I have no idea what the name was, but they had a blue and orange polo belt with my name on it. Also an excellent British guy on staff who can take a pretty solid joke, which is good because one of us is sometimes awkward. #notsayingwho #itsme
eponia


Then we were following a hot tip about a sale and going as fast as we could to the indoor, but I possibly saw a whole tent full of fancy leather halters and remembered I needed to ask some halter questions. I stepped in the booth and started asking questions about a product they didn’t have in the tent and then all of a sudden I was handing over my credit card and apparently that happened. They say it will be at my house within 30 days.

We were still following the hot tip and made it almost 100 feet before we found the Perri’s tent. I was just standing there while Leah and Karen shopped for whips and I still ended up spending $30 on two new lead ropes for my newly ordered custom halter.
so many options!
Then we were like DAMMIT HOT TIP and made it all the way to the Horseloverz tend. I’ll be the first to say I’m not a big fan of the company in general because their shipping/pricing/website irritate me, but I also got another color of my favorite Noble Outfitters base layer for like $6 so yeah that was good.
options!
Let’s see… I think I made it the rest of the way around the upper level of the indoor without buying anything. No wait… there was definitely a Mango Bay purchase (Clearance belts for $9.50). Leah and Karen nearly talked me into a new dressage whip (since mine is actually like… 15 years old), but I didn’t want to take it on the plane (which ended up being a good decision because holy hell).
shad!
husky!

I also snagged three sets of cool boot socks. Ummmm helped Karen and Leah try stuff on at the Annie’s booth. Signed up for every single possible giveaway. Talked to the La Mundial people about custom boots (but did not indulge). We wandered back through the tents we skipped the first time out and ran into Liz and Austen (and I knew Austen needed a snaffle bridle) and that ended up in a repeat trip to the Eponia booth (also note 20 tack ho points award to me for getting Austen to both look at something and buy it).

Which uh.
oooooo brown patent
I saw this. Arm modeling courtesy of Liz.

You’ll be pleased to know I did not buy that. I just went back to the car and took a swag picture and sat in the sun with my friends and appreciated what an amazing moment it was.
day one haul
Then I went home and dreamed about said bridle and so yeah trip #1 of Friday morning was straight to Eponia to buy said pretty. Do I need a brown patent bridle for anything? YES YES I DO. I made Leah shop for a brown dressage saddle for me while I was driving to the Horse Park even. (No luck yet, but I’ll keep you posted.)
yesssss
damage done before 11am
Friday’s haul included a trip to the stubben tent (holla to my girl Carly for the heads up on $3 bits) (plus they had $29 leather draw reins) (and $8 grab straps) and another tent I don’t remember the name of but hello $30 Roeckls. Then Renate showed up booze-less, so I gave her a Mike’s and sent her to Annie’s with Leah.
the ever-dangerous annie's booth

Noted: Renate knocked this one out of the park. We also snagged sweet sweatshirts and socks from The Plaid Horse (thanks Amanda!). Bliss of London had a teal hat giveaway so yeah got one of those too.
so sad she didn't buy these
Saturday I definitely didn’t need to spend any more money, but we took Jen shopping. Leah kicks ass at digging through bins of shit and while looking for a Connor halter, she found my dream convertible leather grooming halter for $30. I got a lead rope to go with it because obviously.
day two haul
Sunday I helped Karen find a half pad… and I actually think I might not have purchased anything this day. Unless we’re counting hard soda, which I definitely did purchase.
um yes need this cat bag
Monday I also didn’t purchase anything but did totes steal Karen’s awesome cat bag that served us faithfully on cross country day.
Buckley approved
Annnnnd I think that about covers it? Maybe?
yesssss

57 comments:

  1. Glad so many people got Eponia bridles, I really love them. I tried really hard to talk myself into the one with the black sparkly browband (which I wanted last year at Fair Hill too), but just couldn't make myself pull the trigger. Someday my resolve will break down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this "inhibition" of which you speak? Sounds dismal.

      Delete
    2. next time just give me your cc the900facebookpony i will take care of getting your bridle :) Henny would look amazeballs in it!

      Delete
  2. Luff the bridle, husky, and cat. Also I don't see Hampton in the list, did you stuff him in the cat bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hampersand gets his own post. Because I loff him. And I'm stealing him. And he's mine. Forever.

      Except Karen is awesome too and I don't want her to be mad at me. Maybe she'll trade for C? COMES WITH EXCELLENT WARDROBE!!

      Delete
  3. Definitely should've messaged you with a shopping list and my Venmo info 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always shop for interesting things, haha.

      Delete
  4. SUCH PRETTIES! I can't wait to see pics of Courage modeling the gear.

    Rolex is on my bucket list 65% because of the shopping, ngl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the only thing keeping me from going more crazy was how there was so much jumping stuff and I legit can't justify it. So yeah... that's probably a good thing. I did plenty of damage as is.

      Delete
  5. That bridle is GORGEOUS. Hell, that whole booth was gorgeous. If Griffin is a good boy and does the things, I'll get him an Eponia bridle or two one day. But he's gotta be a good little competitor first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol if I held out for that, I'd never have nice things. I admire your commitment tho.

      Delete
  6. I need to get on writing mine but I can't remember what all I bought? #shopaholicproblems

    Love the bridle. Wish I needed bridles. But no, I bought a show coat hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had to look at my daily swag pictures to check myself and I'm still not sure I covered everything.

      Delete
  7. Yay, I was waiting for this post! All the good stuff! I definitely support the search for a brown dressage saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really really love brown on chestnuts and C is bay. But I also love brown, so he's going to have to deal.

      Delete
  8. Wow! That's all I have to say about that

    ReplyDelete
  9. No brown dressage saddle because then you won't get bored with brownie and sell him to me!!!!!! Otherwise I fully approve of all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a chestnut and I love me some brown on a chestnut. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I also have a chestnut, and I have a brown dressage saddle for said chestnut already. I'm not above sabotaging Teresa either so I can get my grabby hands on it.

      Delete
    3. Sorry Teresa, but all's fair in love and bridles ;)

      Delete
    4. There's an ongoing to plot to steal Clark Montgomery's horse and trade him to Karen so I can have Hampy. You pull that off, I give you the bridle. DEAL?

      Delete
    5. Honestly if he keeps jumping like that you might not have to steal him....
      But I have first dibs!!!! DIBS MUST NOT BE BROKEN. Plus shipping in the US is much cheaper than Canada. Not to mention I called dibs on C and promised to keep him well dressed.

      DO NOT COME BETWEEN ME AND THIS BRIDLE! I WILL BECOME A GIANT ANGRY GINGER

      Delete
    6. Dibs isn't even a real thing, T. See? Send me the eurocut Ogilvy Aimee!!!! 😂😂😂

      Delete
    7. No grandma. I already have to mail a giant ass box to T.

      Delete
    8. Back off my Ogilvy! I have a down payment on that

      Delete
    9. But she's met me IRL and I'm cooler 😋😎😂

      *Sobs* I just need someone to sell me Ogilvy at a blogger friend discount so I can try one hahaha

      Delete
    10. I'm the weird nerdy internet friend that doesn't talk to her before coffee #winning

      Plus you would be getting divorce papers if an ogilvy showed up in the mail now.

      Delete
    11. Leah, I'll sell you a cheap dressage Ogilvy, but only if you help me sabotage T.

      Delete
    12. With her taste and demands it will be cheaper to buy your own bridle

      Delete
    13. Watch it T or I'll become #teamRenategetsbrownie 😂😂😂

      Delete
    14. Just remember I do send you stuff. Plus I only have one horse #canaffordmorepretties

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. omg. i'm already terrified of the patent. this is why i can't own patent.

      BUT SO PRETTY

      Delete
  11. Yay! All the pretties! I look forward to seeing this custom mystery halter you speak of.
    What are those breeches with the pony on the butt? Cause I need ponies on my butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiiiight? Purple butt ponies! (I don't remember. Jen knows.)

      Delete
  12. So glad I didn't run into you, as I already went haywire with my credit card as it is. Do a review on the Eponia bridle! I need a new one and someone recommended this, but I guess this was the one tent that I managed to not go into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice. I talked a friend into buying one at Fair Hill last fall and she still loves it just as much now as she did on the first day. I think they're one of the best "under $200" bridles on the market.

      Delete
    2. Really it's Leah you have to worry about. She ran in to everything. #iwentthere

      Delete
    3. I ran into ONE CAR. Oh, and Boyd Martin... Okay point taken.

      At least I didn't huff an electrolyte packet.....🙄😇

      Delete
    4. Most women would consider running into Boyd Martin as a plus.

      Delete
    5. Most women aren't married to hot Jesus 😋😎😂😂😂😂 (#insidejokeFTW)

      Delete
    6. I didn't say you had to sleep with him 🙀

      Delete
    7. I have the Eponia bridle from FHI AND LOVE IT. I have the black and brown one (So it solves your problem of black or brown tack). I actually want another...yes i have issues. :) (the900facebookpony caused ALL my issues I stand by that) :)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I need your chestnut horse. Ship him to me?

      Delete
    2. It would probably be easier and less postage if you just came and brought all your goodies to play with him.

      Delete
  14. This was the post out of all the Rolex posts from every blogger I was most excited about. Did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I appreciated your tip--we hit the stubben tent like... second thing in the morning after that. (Well still after coffee, but you know).

      Delete
  15. It sounds like your trip paid for itself in terms of savings, RIGHT?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how champions think. Give yourself a tack ho point!!

      Delete
  16. The shopping is, very honestly, the part I was most excited to read about. I'll admit that part of why I didn't go this year is that it just didn't make sense unless I had some serious shopping money lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You can do it on a budget too. Karen was so conservative and she shopped with us every day.

      Delete
  17. An appropriately epic post - just as I was suspecting. And *sob* why does my horse have to be a fuss bucket and need a figure 8? I want an Eponia. All my problems would be solved!

    And will you share where you got your halter from? I'm shopping for one too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The real question is which halter. I somehow came home with three. 😜

      Delete
    2. Ha! Why am I not surprised at all! 😆 I guess all of them, but super curious about the custom one you bought two lead ropes for.

      Delete
  18. finally catching up BUT YES EPONIA BRIDLE FOR THE WIN!! I love mine. And ooohh can't wait to see it on Courage!! YAY. And wow what fun was had. :) Very cool.....(Hey at least you went home and thought about the bridle, in five minutes i had handed my cc over and had the bridle in my hand at FHI. Compulsive thy name is me! :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...