Wednesday, March 16, 2022

On Employment

When new people at the barn meet Zoebird, they tend to ask the same question:

What does she do? 

Really not sure why "wear cute outfits and have lots of fun" isn't considered a polite answer. 

We have this stupidly cute pink outfit for dressage that we put together. LACE ACCENTS. Yes. I need a shirt to match I think. 

it's ok i'd be jealous of me too

Then we took another ride on the western train and are building this awesome teal outfit.
I KNOW SHE NEEDS BOOTS

Plus there's this I-need-to-decide-if-i'm-going-purple-or-teal bareback outfit
can you even with her cute level? 
you cannot.


Oh and the things she does in these outfits are like:
fun

fun

Also hella fun.

It just cracks me up to classify "what we do". 

Like. 
today we're jumpers because it's a figure 8!

today we're dressage because sparkle browband!


now ruggedly western ranch horse maybe even wearing a saddle!

dramatic sunset pictures are always in style

wow let's take another moment with this great outfit
 
ZB is such a smart lady. She doesn't need endless repetition. She needs fitness appropriate to the job I am asking her to do. She needs clarity and direction on what her job is. No matter what tack she's sporting or what we're "doing", I expect her to be calm, soft, and willing to move her balance forward and back when I request it. 

lol what a cute horse!

I really love this outfit

I would love to get some lessons in this year. I really want to go on some field trips with ZB. We'll see if I make it happen (cross your fingers for SB gets to live in town for the first summer in a couple years). 

yup loving this color on her

With where we're at right now, I'm working on keeping a slightly open throatlatch with her nose poked out while moving forward in a level balance. I'm really enjoying using my pivo to keep me accountable here--she can't learn to go forward in a balance on a loose rein if I'm hanging on her face. 

is my horse

I find small things we can be successful at. Like. Eventually, I'd like to have a walk/lope transition on a loose rein in a level balance maintaining a steady rhythm. I don't have that today, so I focus on the balance and rhythm I want doing transitions from walk to trot (/jog, calm down).

So what does she do? 

IDK wear cute outfits and have fun, I guess.

pictured: tiny dog not having fun

8 comments:

  1. What does she do? Just LIVES HER BEST LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have so much fun with your girl. This is my current goal as well. Enjoying the ride. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does she do? She makes me happy 😊! Is there any other answer needed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her outfits! Love her and what you two are doing together

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...