Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Magical Thing About a ZB

 I've been working out of town, which severely limits barn time. 

But I have a ZB. 


#winning

So when I had 48 hours in town a few weeks back, Nadia asked if I wanted to haul out to go trail riding and the obvious answer was YES. 

ZB has never hauled a ton and definitely not in the last year. 

O HAI

And it is so freaking cool to have a horse that I just loaded onto a trailer she'd never seen, took to a place she hasn't been in a long time, hop on, and go. (Ok hop on=train her how to back off a straight load, which took a minute, but then she got it.) 

JOONBUG R WALKIN VERY FAST

She led. She followed. She crossed boggy ground, walked by scary things, and never batted an eye. 


ZB R DYIN

By the end, she was SO TIRED, but gamely hopped back in the trailer and headed home like a total champ. 

And then used her new-found "backing off the trailer" skills. 

TL; DR she is the absolute best and hopefully next I will write about some of our exciting continuing adventures.

11 comments:

  1. Honestly, there is nothing better than a horse you can just DO things with and not worry about it. Those horses are worth their weight in gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brain she has! Amazing. So glad you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah some of the other horses in my life definitely made me appreciate her more.

      Delete
  3. 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 Love me some ZB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly she is my dream horse and I am so thrilled you have her <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...