Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Snowing Outside

It was so cold Saturday and Sunday that I didn't even try to get Izzy out. I just gave her treats in her pasture and let her keep on eating breakfast. It doesn't seem fair to get her out and make her work in weather like this. It started snowing Sunday night, and it's still going. We have 4" or 5" of snow, which isn't a lot for you people from winter states, but it's kind for a lot for here. Did I mention it's still snowing?

Obviously, I can't ride... poor Izzy must simply stand in her pasture, wear her warm blanket, and eat. The lady next door has a covered arena. I'm going to see how much she charges to use it. I'm hoping we can maybe get over there twice a week, but that will depend on her willingness and my budget.

In other news, tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of us having Chaucer, our darling beagle.

He was a darling puppy:


And here is he today(ish):


So cute!

3 comments:

  1. I love your beagle! One of my favorite kinds of dogs. (I think I already commented on him a while ago but had to tell you again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaucer is adorable. I see great progress over his year with you...now he chews things up with the other side of his mouth! *VBWG!*

    I guess winter weather is inevitable. Keep wishing it would just stay away but the snow will come. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I WANT TO TAKE YOUR BEAGLE HOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...