Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas!!

My family doesn't believe in buying me horsey things. They think I'm some sort of addict who shouldn't be enabled more than I already am.

I say I can only have one hobby, so I might as well go for it.

As such...

He is the best at modeling 
The little dude got a brand new (used) bridle! It's a strangely nice Circuit figure eight in cob size that actually fits him and looks pretty smashing on his face if I do say so myself.

I would never, ever buy a Circuit new, but I have to say that I'm totally blown away by this one. I didn't expect to like it, but I do. It's slightly raised and not fancy stitched and someone looks SO CUTE in it.








My blogger secret santa sent me the luxurious and wonderful Higher Standards soap, which I already blogged about. I will do a proper review once the holidays are over, but I really do love it.













I was surprised and elated when Me over at Charlie and Me sent a Christmas present too!!

It's the conditioner to match the soap. I was wildly excited, so I spent a whole evening cleaning and conditioning the new bridle. Too much fun!







And then!

Niamh over at Life of Riley (who makes the stunning paper cuts) has been working on one for Cuna for a while now and it showed up just before Christmas!!

I don't know how to photograph it in such a way that shows how cool it is in person. It completely captured the photo and the moment and I love it.




I know I'm a bit late, but Merry Christmas to all! I hope you and your ponies are well.











17 comments:

  1. I have that Circuit Figure 8 - picked it up years ago in the Dover clearance basement. It has worn beautifully and it is a really, really nice bridle overall. You will be very happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack - thank goodness my family doesn't feel that way! My mother-in-law actually said "this year's theme is horse"! So I will be skipping off to the tack store to use my gift certificate while wearing pony socks and drinking out of a horse mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bridle looks great on him! :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridle looks great!! Just curious but I haven't heard of this new brand of saddle soap until just recently. What all the hub bub about?!?! Is it natural or something? Or does it just actually work really well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a paper cut out sooooooo bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel free to use the photo from my recent post! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best Christmas present ever was a new wheelbarrow. *G*

    You have some really special gifts there. That portrait is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas!! That bridle looks super cute on Courage! And I really like his plaid blanket too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture looks amazing. I'm not even sure what a paper cut? is but it sure does look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bridle on Courage! It fits so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new bridle! I'm curious, though: why would you "never, ever" buy a new one? I know Circuits are not the most expensive things in the Dover catalog, but I always thought they looked pretty nice. Then again, I don't really understand the whole bridle thing. I mean, I know there's gotta be a difference between a $30 bridle and a $300 one, but what is the difference between a $125 bridle and a $300 one? I'm sure I don't know because I haven't owned my own horse and therefore used a bridle every day, but honestly, I'd love to have your input (for future reference). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bridle looks really good on him! Gorgeous paper cut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bridle! Same situation at my house- my parents do not enable. I will say that I have gotten a horse bobble head, horse shaped pasta, a horse candle holder etc from my mother-in-law. If it has a horse on it I get it as a present :) from that sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo wearing the bridle and the blanket is so super fabulous on him. :) I live in the 'thank god mom has a hobby so we know what to get her' house. I get horse EVERYTHING from everyone. And when clueless, they give SmartPak gift certs or lessons :D I am careful to NEVER ask for tack or anything they could really botch. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that bridle! Happy New Year! This is the year of the horse, so it should be a good year for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bridle and his blanket! Smashing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...