Monday, December 16, 2013

Ponies in Snow


On my way to work
It's decision time. Courage and I got invited to go play in a lesson on Wednesday, but the little man hasn't been ridden since Thanksgiving weekend due to ice and snow. We don't have an indoor and he's wearing shoes, so snow is a no-go for us.

I wasn't out this weekend, but my BO is optimistic about the arena. If I can ride him today and tomorrow, we will do the lesson. If not, I just don't think it's fair to him to try and accomplish anything.









He wants to do something
The high for the week is supposed to be 35f and it's cold and foggy now. I'm crossing my fingers.

I've been working a ton, which is great from a money perspective.

It also means that I've been spending way too much time shopping for bridles for the little guy. I can't believe I've had him almost five months and he only has one bridle.




We can't all be this fabulous
This handsome man is retired and still has three of his own, one of which he hasn't even been ridden in since I bought it post-incident (but pre-Courage) this summer.

He actually had six bridles before I started thinning the collection when he retired. Since he was only active with me for about a year, that's one bridle every two months.



I know. I have a problem.

It's a problem that would be fixed by getting some actual saddle some. Wish me sun!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'll never complain about the soggy outdoor footing that makes me ride indoors again. And how I have to use the back dressage ring for jumping outdoors now that they fixed it and it's actually really nice in the winter.

    I have a problem too. My horse that I've had for 2.5 years has 7 complete bridles (2 disciplines). Only one was from prior horse that I don't use at all (but could because it fits). Yeah…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I will be watching your bridle shopping closely, since Connor's head is shaped like Courage's. And he too only has one bridle. Time for us to get legit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got that bridle for you whenever you want it! He'll look so handsome in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two bridles but only one bit that is working for us right now and I'm way too lazy to switch the bit back and forth. I guess I need to rectify that someday so Loki doesn't feel so under privileged! ;)

    The snow has been really crazy out this way so far. It seems as though it is going to be quite the winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you lots of sun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...