- 11/10 would go again right this minute--I had so much fun and loved the entire experience.
|Topline Leather represent!|
- The people really made this for me. Well, and the shopping. If you hate people or shopping, this might not be your jam. Or your jam might be different than my jam. Either way.
|great dogs, too|
- Covered seats=worth. it. For stadium at least. Especially if you're not from the special hell that is the midwest. Humidity=murder.
|stadium communal sweat pool|
- I'd heard horror stories about lines and prices at the concessions, so we brought drinks/snacks and never visited the concessions. My observation was that as long as you didn't hit prime times, concession lines were fine. Prices were off the charts though. Think $10 for a drink. Yikes!
|free shots on xc tho|
- Fauxbarrys (or the real thing) are a super smart idea if you ever leave pavement. That grass is long and thick and wet feet are not the funnest.
|plus great shots|
- Do your research! I'm a shopper, so I kinda know what stuff sells for. I got some killer deals on things I needed (gloves and shirts), did not regret buying some things that never go on sale (Eponia), and passed on things that had marginal-at-best pricing (LA MUNDIAL AND C4). No harm in paying full price if it means you're not paying shipping (or get to handle stuff in person), but gotta be smart. Or loaded. Prefer both.
- If you're from the northwest, be forewarned that they don't really do coffee there (there=Kentucky generally). You will have to look harder to get your fix. Learn to love gas station coffee.
|or drink not coffee|
- A backpack or messenger bag was absolutely invaluable. I loaded it with snacks and drinks in the morning and then swapped those things out for purchases as the day went on.
- Parking is not that bad. Unless it is Saturday. And then it is THAT BAD.
|we've already walked a hundred miles AND THE CAR IS BY THOSE TREES|
- Driving around the back roads and seeing miles and miles of beautiful black fences and rolling green hills was like being in fairy land. IF FAIRY LAND WAS BUILT IN HELL. Regardless, must-see experience. Plus your car likely has all-important climate control.
Um... I think that about covers it?