Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Great Saddle Search

Now we're back to the beginning.

I'm emailing with a lady who might have what I need, but then again, might not. It's pretty hard for two amateurs to fit a saddle by phone and email. We both live in Idaho, albeit on opposite sides of the state. There are no saddle fitters in Idaho. It's not just a phone call away. Our best bet is the chiropractor who comes in from Montana every month or two.

So, what I think I'm looking for is this: 17.5" close contact with a wide tree. I think. I would just borrow lots of saddles and try them on, but there aren't that many people with quality saddles who just loan them out. It's hard to find stuff like that in a cowboy state. I'm also checking ebay, craigslist, etc, but it's hard to know what to look for. Different saddles fit different horses differently, and I haven't found a magical way to fix that yet.

So if you have anything that sounds right, let me know. Izzy will (maybe) thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...