Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day Off

I had to work pretty much all day yesterday, so I sprinted out to the barn between that and my evening commitments. Miss Izzy was very happy to see me--she whinnied at me! Aww. I took her out to one of the turnouts. Before I could even close the gate behind us, she half-reared and ran backwards. She stopped before she hit the end of the rope, though. Silly girl was just letting me know she could hardly contain herself.

As soon as I had the gate firmly closed and her halter off, she took off bucking and galloping up and down the length of the turnout. When she finally settled in, she dove onto the ground to roll, then did her usual frantic grazing before even getting up. Quite funny.

I didn't even groom her. I let her be out for about an hour, and before I could do anything else, I got a call I was waiting for and had to go. She didn't mind; her dinner was waiting in her stall. I AM riding today. Sometime. It's a long day, just with hardly any daylight.

1 comment:

  1. Izzy really does seem to enjoy her "out" time. She is thriving at your new barn!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...