Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Award

We've won an award!! (I think the rest of you have already, so I'm a little late to the party.)


We got it from the following bloggers (all of whom I recommend checking out):


There may have been others--sorry if I missed you.

So, here are the stipulations:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Now, seven uber-exciting things about me:
1) I am a really boring person. Bed at 10pm, up at 6am. I don't stay out late and I don't really watch movies.

2) I make lists. Constantly. Sometimes, if I'm not accomplishing anything on my to-do list, I add things to them that I have already done and cross them off to make myself feel better.

3) I like challenges. If I have six months to get something done, I will wait until the last possible moment to start and then kick ass to complete the project. I have an extremely accurate inner timer that lets me know when the last possible moment is--thankfully, it's always been accurate.

4) I like to psychoanalyze people. I will watch their favorite movies and tv shows not because I care about the show, but because I want to understand what they like about it and what it says about them. That said, sometimes I end up liking the shows, too.

5) I love rules. Rules are like lists to memorize and exceed at. Given a clearly defined system, I will learn to understand the system, then learn to make the system work for me. That is probably why I love dressage--structure!! It's also what drives me nuts about western--there is no classical school or centuries of literature to build upon.

6) I HATE micromanagement. Give me a list and I will do it. Give me a list and tell me exactly how you want everything done and I will make sure it never happens.

7) I tend to be passive aggressive. I'm working on changing that to just plain aggressive. And yes, I make mental lists to help me recognize what needs to change.

Recently discovered bloggers: (See, this is where this starts to feel micro managed. In order to counteract a system I find annoying, I will list some bloggers that I have recently started reading. There may or may not be 15.)

Braymere Custom Saddlery - she makes model horse tack that is insane.
A Process of Learning - she is breeding her mare to one of my crush's for Izzy
Chasing the Dream - her horse does insane stuff. Oh, and she's aiming for Rolex.
Pia's Parade - possibly one of the most determined people I've ever encountered in blogger world.
Bay State Brumby - Ok, so I've been reading her blog for ages, but it's super fun and she just plain loves her horse.
We are Flying Solo - fabulous eventer and she does it on a budget. My role model.
I Will Jump Sweet Horse Jumps - based in NZ, so her summer/competition season is exactly opposite to mine.
Slow and Steady wins the race - Adult ammy finding her way through eventing and family
Miles on Miles - retraining an OTTB on her own. Color me impressed.

There you go! I'll get around to letting them know tomorrow, I think.

5 comments:

  1. Awwww, thank you! I was ultra lazy and didn't pick and choose my favorites, but if I HAD you would have totally made the cut:) I love reading your blog and seeing what tack you are going to have Izzy in next;) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to learn more about you :P
    To answer your question...
    Ritchie is off the track and then his owner shifted to a dairy farm where she wasn't aloud to keep a horse. She didn't do any training with him.
    He was then given to her sister to look after who put him in a paddock for 3 years and he was basically a paddock mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear more about you. And nice, as well, to know how well you know yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the new blog recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 2 totally made me laugh. I am completely guilty of doing things like that too - or adding REALLY easy things to the list so I can cross them off pretty much immediately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...