Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Confessions of an OCD OTTB Owner

I'm sick. Sick enough that riding even the world's most dependable and awesome Cunafish sounded like a terrible idea, but not so sick I feel compelled to call upon the medical profession. Where does that leave me?

Compiling a spreadsheet of every race Cuna ever ran, his trainer/owner/rider/results, and any relevant notes. I'm hoping to track any trends in his career and see how consistently he was handled and owned. Maybe I'll be able to break something loose that will lead me further back in his career to PICTURES(!!) of course. 

Oh, and Johnson-DeHority Enterprises, Inc., I'm looking for you. It's a Texas-based corporation that bred Cuna. I somehow need to find them because I think they're the key to giant red baby bambi pictures. Any ideas?

Because who doesn't want to see his baby pics?

11 comments:

  1. Corporations generally have registered agents. It's normally not too difficult to find this person and then you can annoy them. They're supposed to be able to receive legal documents, but I think a request for foal pictures qualifies. :)
    Texas, however, seems to be a PITA. Their website for RAs is http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/registeredagents.shtml, but I don't see a place to do a search to get the agent's contact information. Often times, they'll also have secretaries listed, too.
    /legal knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to dig around on this one, but thanks for the info.

      Delete
  2. I pinged the local TB rescue group here in Austin to see if anyone there has ever heard of this corp. I'll let you know if I hear of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better! I think you are making good use of your down time. ;)

    I used to own the same red Horizon pictured next to Cuna, complete with the worn paint. I guess there are still a few of those still running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ottb was bred in Texas too. I found the farm where he was bred and foaled out, and have contacted them, but so far no response. Good luck with your search. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be able to find photos/video of him at the track. If he won anything, they're should be "win-photos" too. The last OTTB I leased was owned by a woman who knew very little about him besides his most recent owner/trainer from the track. We managed to find out all sorts of things! Good luck and if I locate any of the resources I'll send them along! ps. feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Email Sam Houston for contact info for their photographer. Buying win photos is easy, and there's no reason they shouldn't still have his.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SB, can you please PM me? jen jobst at gmail dot com. I have a bunch of info on the people who owned him during his racing years, as well as his jockey, who you may be able to contact on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...