Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Different




Learning to breathe
This is one of my favorite pictures of Cuna, (taken by Ellie) when he and I were a brand new partnership. I was just learning to trust him, and he was so wonderful to me. At the time, I was busy working for my trainer and riding horses (any horses) was a cause for anxiety. Cuna helped me to realize that I did this for fun, and it actually was. 

Fast forward six months. I've been riding just Cuna all summer/fall and loving it. He is so much fun to be around and work with. He and I just connect and he's completely rekindled my love of riding. :-) I couldn't be happier. 

Not Cuna, but still cute

Today, I had two other horses to ride as well as the Cunafish. I was a little nervous/curious to see how I would do on "horses not cuna".

Answer: just fine. I started both of them in the arena. It was actually pretty fun to remember what horses that bend and move laterally can feel like. After some good solid arena work, I took them out in the hills.

They weren't nearly as fun as Cuna is for me, but I had a good time. It was good to know that I can still ride other horses.

It was also a reminder of just how much fun Cuna is. Not all horses gallop up the hills on autopilot. Some make you kick. What is that nonsense??

7 comments:

  1. Yay for Cuna! And Song, and Seamus. :) And YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick to go up hills? What a strange, foreign concept :P

    As fun as other horses are, I too like riding them to see how different they are from my mare (and how much I prefer my horse).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like riding other horses. It makes you realize how special your horse is ;) Cuna is gorgeous. You guys are seriously awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had some good rides!! I'm hoping Mexi will have a good motor and be able to get up those hills without kicks... and without spinning and bucking in excitement, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha, see, all other horses are not-Solo to me. Hooray for soulmates.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...