Saturday, October 20, 2012

Moved

It took longer than I thought it would (what doesn't?), but Cuna is officially moved to the new place. Because he is amazing, it took him roughly 2 minutes to settle in.

It's cool guys. There's food.


He was a little unsettled by the prospect of turnout, but once he found his box, all was well.











A more different box

I made him wear bell boots because I was afraid any hijinks might pull a shoe and screw up his poor feet. This was as wild as he got, though. He even had a nice roll in his run.










Not sure why this is hard,


The auto waterers are cool because they're insulated and I am all about not breaking ice on winter mornings. I was concerned because they didn't look as intuitive to use as some, but he got it right away.








Yum


As for the turnout, well, get this: HE LIKED IT!! For 20 whole minutes, he grazed and only had minor fits about the lack of a box. He walked away from the gate and didn't weave or flip his head. Oh my!

I didn't have time to ride yesterday (boo!), but I'm about to race out today and begin my epic marathon weekend.*


*I'm not running a marathon. I just have way too much to do and no time to do it.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! The new barn looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to squeeze him, he's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an ingenious watering mechanism, kind of like an inverted water bottle for small animals. I love it!

    Cuna looks great in his new environment. Turnout is a wonderful addition to his already-wonderful lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuna looks exceptionally happy to me! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! The run off his stall will be great for his old-man joints. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the move went well. Cuna looks very happy with his new stall/turnout.
    I love that water system. It would save so much time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the move went seamlessly! Cuna seems to be settling in nicely and the place looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a new home and all going well! :)

    That water thing looks way interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My trainer has run outs at her personal farm at home, and its funny to see how the horses that you would think would hate it are almost never in their stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so cute! I love that last picture. We so rarely see him without his tack and clothes on. :D I'm glad he settled in nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...