|Technically taken last year|
Things I think I can achieve in 2015 with my green OTTB, limited time, short funds, so-so bravery, and a deep and intense hatred of showing green horses, but I still think need to be done in pursuit of a useful and well-rounded horse to have fun on:
1) Compete at two dressage shows (schooling shows count) with Courage. Me riding. Don't care what level. Complete test and stay in the ring.
2) Attend two jumping shows with Courage. Don't have to compete. Do have to hack around warm up.
|he thinks we could do this right now|
4) Pop over the occasional 3' (or better) single.
5) Get out on the trails. Courage is brave and willing. I want him comfortable solo and in groups.
6) Ride bitless. I dunno. Just want to try it and have an english hackmore, so might as well.
7) Take 1-2 lessons a month so I'm not just stalling out without help.
8) Travel to one out of state show to see either upper level eventing or grand prix showjumping.
|this is hot|
9) Jump double clear around a stadium course at 2' or better in a show.
10) Score 65% or better on a training level dresssage test.
11) Ride in either of the H/J shows at the end of the summer.
Instead of setting big achievement goals, I wanted to break it down this year to more incremental progressive goals. I want to avoid checking in at the end of the year and being like "wow, yeah totally didn't even think about these things". I want to focus on doing the things that make the horse I want to ride.
So yeah, even though I hate showing green horses, I'm going to do it in pursuit of making a less green horse.
|but our dressage is getting kick ass|
|It's so us|