Tuesday, May 12, 2015

How Equifit Boots Saved My Relationship

pretty sexy
I'd normally give a horse a day off after two days of dressage clinic, but yesterday marked exceptional circumstances:

My hind t boots showed up over the weekend and OBVIOUSLY they must be put on. I have waited literally years to complete my set and it finally happened.











this outfit=love
I've been making a lot of lists lately and trying to figure out what I want, and the #1 is always a horse I can have fun on. Which means hacking (among other things).

So yesterday I got Courage all dressed up like a respectable jump jump horse and we hacked. 

It started out a little rough. Courage was tense and spooky and distracted.

good thing i love straps
I kept things simple: you stand on a loose rein or you go forward in tiny circles. You don't back up or fling yourself around.In the midst of one of his mini tantrums, I realized that I was right where I needed to be. Courage and I have been together long enough that I know I can handle him. Even when he escalates, I'm comfortable.

In about five minutes, I had my horse back. We wandered around the barn area and looked at stuff and took pictures and had a good time.

I needed that ride. Apparently, I also needed those boots.

22 comments:

  1. So happy you had a good ride! He looks super handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks great in his new boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical boot powers to the rescue :) Glad to hear you had a good ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously the solution is to continuously buy pretty new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad you had a good ride, and he looks very snazzy. I had some issues with the equifit boots when I was a jumper groom and I wonder if they have been fixed now, because that was about a decade ago. Let us know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boots and hooray for a good ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had to have them. I knew it. They knew it. It was DESTINY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matching tack therapy. It's real.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apparently since you ran out of pie, the boots were next. Good plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say that pie is a lot cheaper. Things to think about.

      Delete
  10. I mean Equifits pretty much fix everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a good ride! Hacking for the win! Sometimes you just need to get out of the sandbox.

    #Allthestraps

    ReplyDelete
  12. A good hack (and new stuff) can do wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm all about the stand still and relax or work your ass off tactic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They don't call it retail therapy for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A matching full set of boots certainly can't hurt. Glad you had a nice ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. gotta love retail therapy and you can never have too many boots (people or horse!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun tack makes all the difference... ;) they look so cute! Wiz was a little spooky and stupid on our hack Tuesday too. But I was like eff it, I'm not going to get mad, I'm just going to be like if you spook I'm going to make you work hard around spooky spot, if you don't spook long loose rein. By the end he was totes relaxed. Go us for learning to deal with difficult baby shit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...